4 Month old little girl

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm slowly working through my holiday work load. I'm finally beginning to feel on top of it again!

I have photographed this baby once a month for 3 months now! Brinlee's grandma as a baby gift gave the couple a baby photoshoot a month for a year! The first time, they went to Kiddie Kandids. Then she saw my website and has come to me ever since.

This was a tricky shoot for me. I'm really not a photographer who does busy backgrounds and such. There are a few that I converted to black and white just to try and dim the backgrounds that she chose. Being as the shoot was done on location at grandma's house, I felt very limited on space and options. Mom was determined that one of the backgrounds be this bright red blanked that had the words "ho ho ho . . ." all over the dang thing. I tried to convince her that loud backgrounds are going to distract from the beauty of her little girl, but it was to no avail.
So on that note, here is baby brinlee . . .

3184952407_c7cc8be84f.jpg

3184951907_deea7004c3.jpg

3185795966_d0c3c1a1d8.jpg

3185795776_2d41e62168.jpg

3184950911_20e6808e93.jpg

It's really tough in my opinion to come up with new stuff with the same child when you do the photos that often especially if they aren't doing anythign particularly new form the month before. These are very sweet with number 3 being the winner for me in this group, great tones on that black and white!
I would suggest though with the group shot that the dad be on the other side of the mom. He would block out the frame on the wall and show more of the tree. Unless you were trying to hide the tree of course. Cute shots!

Gorgeous baby. Not caring for the alien space ship that landed on her head, though, but I know the photographer doesn't get to dress them.

I agree with Kathi that number 3 is the winner - it's just lovely. I love the eyes in #2 as well...could you crop some of the dreaded blanket out to cut in closer to them?

In the next month or so she'll be sitting up well on her own, so at least you will have some new poses to work with. If I did a shoot a month of the same child I would suggest that one photo each month be with the exact same bear/doll or other item so you can see how the child has grown over the year. How fun that you get to see her grow too.

Thanks guys for the comments.

I've never heard of those huge ole' bows being called spaceships before, but now that you said it, I can't help thinking that's exactly what it looks like - a feminine flowery spaceship!!! :lmao:

The teddy bear idea was the intention of the monthly shoot, or so she told me. After the 2nd shoot, she has stopped bringing it in . . . hmmm!

Most reactions

Back