"40 oz to Freedom"

jasonkt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think? What would you have done differently to make the image fit the title better? I'd love to see edits!

Thanks for your opinions!

40oztofreedom.jpg

Shouldn't that be 120 oz to freedom? LOL..j/k

I would love to do some edits to this...possible to post the original file? (Maybe without the ghosted image on the wall?) Hard to do anything with it that small.

40 oz. Cheers!

well yes the original file is on a cd somewhere around here but my mac is down and I can't easily get that copy + I'm too distracted to look for the cd right now (I know, excuses) so...how about using this one? sorry it's still smaller...perhaps I'll find that cd later. Bound to be in one of these books around here.

_B1Q9008.jpg

ok, this was actually a REAL challenge with a file this small.

I love this look...still trying to figure it out. I would tell you the steps, but it took me like 4 hours to do this LOL

mmk.jpg

Well I really like the result, kudos for working with such a small file :)

I mean, the look you created is very cool! Fits the mood of the picture and everything. And that Colt 45 looks delicious now...yes that's right I said "colt 45" and "delicious" in the same sentence. Don't forget "looks".

You would tell me the steps...but you spent 4 hours...so were those 4 hours spent with a specific look in mind, or were you experimenting and coming up with ideas as you worked?

I had the specific look in mind, I did use Lucis for one of the layers, but alot of it got erased on other layers. Lots of dodging and burning, selective grain (which is hard to do on a small image) Making it look like she was sitting under a specific light...that was an accident, but after I did it, I worked with it. LOL I did select areas like the pants the bottles (things with color)...bumped up the saturation quite a bit and dodged more light into them. Tried my darndest to create a type of glare in her glasses...boy do I suck at that LOL. I was going to add a cig in her hand with some smok coming up from it, but I didn't want to overdo it.

To me now it looks like she's sitting in an allley outside of a bar or something. I like the shot you did, great job ;)

Would you mind if I used this on a before and after page of mine? I'll credit you as photographer of course :)

Yes, I will give you permission to use it on your before and after page. Please also credit the model, Nancy Waller! I asked her permission first, as I don't have a model agreement from her (gulp). This was just such a fun shot to try and we had a great time.

Interesting concept. Just as a comment on the image itself, the ashtray doesn't really work - seems out of place to me. I'd think just cigarette butts scattered around would be more in keeping...

Most reactions

Back