$400 For a digital, what should i get?

Dane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have somewhere around $400 (preferably less) to spend on a new digital camera.
But i don't really know wat to get, i have been looking at the Canon S70 and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200. Both from buyphotovideo.com
They are both very cheap there, $350 and $259.
It's gonna be for everyday use, vacations, and so on. Maybe some school projects too.
I already have piles of compactflash cards, so if i get the S70 i wont need new memory.
The Sony will require a memory stick. And buyphotovideo, sells a 1gb stick with the cam for and extra $45.
Both seem like decsent choices. What do you guys think?
Now what i'm worried about is that it nearly seems a litle too cheap to be true... does anyone here have any experiance with buyphotovideo.com?
Or just know of anyone who has?

I will be EXTREMRLY worried about your store-of-purchase...

Canon G6 - Price: US$345.85, with full package.

That is ridiculous. When I was doing research on that camera even the cheapest store sold it for around $485.00, and that store has a lot of bad reputation for bait-and-switch tactic + phone-in confirmation

Be sure to try their customer service first, by email. Also, pretend to pay via wire transfer/bank transfer despite you have a credit card. If they can't even bother to reply back, you can be sure what is the service you'er going to get...

Also, a shot at www.resellarratings.com doesn't come out with anything about your store. No one has review that store yet. Also, your store doesn't link their site to BBB (better business bureau = good indication of an online store) or resellarratings.com. Something's afoot.

If I were you, I'll really be very careful at whom I'm dealing with. Never pay via a credit card, unless you are absolutely certain that they are reliable.

If I were you, I'll rather put that money away until you have another, say, another 100 dollar. Point-and-shoot cameras will be constantly outdated. If you are really pressed, however, try more dependable stores. Adorama and B&H are good stores, but they are selling on MAP price. Try digitalfotoclub.com, it is reliable store, and their customer service is excellent (with reviews to prove it too).

s-70 - http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/product-features.asp?id=964594795
A-95 - http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/product-features.asp?id=964594798

I don't really recommend Sony DSC. They are "flashy" toys = compact, convenient and flashy looks. However, in terms on performance only their Carl Zeiss lense rival the other cameras once you compare it to cameras on the same price line.

Kodak EasyShare DX-7590 Point & Shoot Digital Camera, 5.0 Megapixel, 10x Schneider Optical Zoom Lens, 3x Digital Zoom, with Dock
$429.95
more info

A friend of mine has this camera and the pics are awesome..... this is from adorama..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back