40D exchange

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After my problems with my new 40D, repeated in another way yesterday evening during a booked Kid shoot when the mirror decided to freeze up for about 20 seconds and no image taken - refusing to clear with battery removal and replacement and camera insisting only to work on the automatic modes Canon have decided to replace it.

As soon as the shop has the next delivery in it will be exchanged. Having cleared all settings again, today it is behaving its self except for one mirror up freeze, cleared by clearing all settings and starting again. Canon did not seem too surprised and offered the exchange as under two weeks old immediately. Will report back when i get the new one.

Fortunately got my shots in an Mother over the moon with the results!

Lets hope the problem is isolated to that one camera.

The only time I've had that exact thing happen on my 30D was when I forgot to turn mirror lockup off. LOL!
Sorry to hear about the 40D problems, hopefully it gets solved. Let us know.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that. I'm about 4200 actuations into my 40D. I have yet to report any problems. It's probably just a glitch in your copy. Hope the new one works out.

Hope it gets solved, and it's body-specific as opposed to across the line...just ordered mine ~30 mins ago, so I quite hope it's just yours. Glad to hear Canon'll exchange it for ya though :)

Most reactions

Back