40D

CMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I always thought that the 30D didn't make sense. Basically, they introduced a camera with 2 less MP than the XTi and most of the same features.

So, what I'm wondering is, might we see a 40D with a 10 MP sensor and some other added things this spring? I think the 30D is superior to the 400D in a few fields, but if they added a 10 MP sensor and some upgrades, then it would be a clear step above.

Anybody heard any rumors, scuttlebutt, or gossip on a 40D?

First of all, the 30D was introduced before the XTi...February 2006 and August 2006 respectively.

That being said, I'm not sure that Canon wanted to introduce the XTi so early...but Nikon had just come out with the D80 and Sony's Alpha was causing a stir...so Canon had to show some muscle in the market place.

Nobody really knows what Canon will and will not do...they are notoriously tight lipped....but that doesn't stop the rumors from flying around. They have pretty well followed a pattern of about 18 months for new models. So we shouldn't expect to see a 40D until next summer/fall....but...it's pretty clear that the XTi has a fair bit of technology that is newer than what is in the 30D...which leave the 30D kind of in limbo.

My prediction is that Canon will give us something new in February at the annual PMA show. It may not be a 40D...but it may be an upgrade to the 30D. I'm really hoping for a newer model to the full frame 5D as well...but that may not be coming for a while yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back