430ex ii help

Inst!nct

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought this like saturday, came home, put it on, and have been having some problems, have shot in AF mostly, but when i turn on both the camera and the flash, it takes probably 3 minutes before the light turns red, i take one picture, another 5minutes or wtv, maybe a bit shorter or longer, depending on my luck, then same thing. Lately it has also as soon as i turn it on the display begins to dim until i cant see it and flash is unresponsive, its VERY frustrating, am i doinig something wrong?:grumpy:

Sounds like weak batteries ... are you sure they're fresh?

+ 1 for dead batteries.

Try the Sony Eneloops. They have been very good for me. They are rechargable and come charged. Great batts.

Yes, it certainly sounds like dead batteries. That's always the first thing to check anyway.

In case you didn't know, some rechargeable batteries will drain, even when not using them. NiMH, for example, are bad for this. So always charge them fresh before you need to use them.
There is a new type of NiMH. They are low discharge, so they will hold their charge much longer. The Eneloops mentioned above are in this category.

definetly going to try those, tryign new batteries now and will get back to you all

aight, so i changed the batteries, now i have 3 SURE fully charged batteries, and one idkk, either the flash works perfectly or it just doesnt have the red light on, i feel like im using it wrong..

You should be using FOUR fully charged batteries. If on battery is low, it could make the flash a bugger to use. make sure all the batteries are fully charged, then try it.

Sanyo Eneloops, OR any other new NiMH batteries will work just as well. There are some with even higher capacities than Eneloops. Oh, and most are cheaper to boot.

You weren't using alkaline batteries, were you?

Sanyo Eneloops, OR any other new NiMH batteries will work just as well. There are some with even higher capacities than Eneloops. Oh, and most are cheaper to boot.

You weren't using alkaline batteries, were you?

All I know is that over the past 3-4 months, I haven't changed the batteries in my 580EX II once and I've gotten a good many number of shots out of it.

Most reactions

Back