43am Flash?

Discussion in 'Sony Accessories' started by Stevepwns, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Stevepwns

Stevepwns No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have the A33 and looking at the 43am flash, anyone have experience with this flash? Everything I can find says nothing about the compatability, any funstiions not availible if any while using it with the A33.

2. unpopular

unpopular Been spending a lot of time on here!

It should be compatible If the shoe on the flash is the new ISO sony shoe and the A33 has the old Minolta shoe, you'll need the ADP-AMA adapter, or use entirely off camera wireless using a bracket (chinese ones will work fine for an amateur like us). Judging by the photos at Amazon and B/H, it looks like the Minolta shoe, and I am pretty sure that the a33 does as well.

I am fairly certain that the only feature you don't have is multi-light wireless control.

3. Stevepwns

Photos OK to edit

Thanks for the info, the shoe mounts are the same so I am good there. If I get to the point where I can use more than one flash effectively, Ill have a body that will support it...lol

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  4. unpopular

Oh yeah. If it takes the Minolta mount, you should be fine. It hasn't changed since Maxxum.

BTW - You know that the crossed-XX doesn't mean anything other than a trademark dispute. I was all excited when I happened to get a crossed-XX, only to find out that it's just a myth. :/

5. Stevepwns

Photos OK to edit
    lol, yeah, I just get the pleasure of owning an older model. I have a thing for stuff like that.

6. unpopular

My oldest lens is an Ilex Solar 5 1/2" I also have a CZJ 50/2.8 1Q T* tessar.

I only have one AF lens ATM, a Minolta 24-50. I'm switching to Fuji though eventually. I have a really nice Canon FD 35/2 Chrome Nose which I can't even really use on my A-77.

7. Stevepwns

Photos OK to edit
    The A77 is probably gonna be my next upgrade, unless I find a killer deal on a 70 - 200 2.8. I plan on holding on to my old Minolta primes, but starting to rotate the zooms for new better gear, but the Beercan. I like telling people I take pictures with a beercan and seeing the look on their face.

8. unpopular

Oh, I'd probably get a 50/1.4 or 50/2.8 Macro if I was going to stick with Sony. I sold my 50/1.8 with my a350, kind of regretted it - but at the same time it tends to swirl unpredictably and that drived me nuts.

I'm just not really sure alpha is a platform that will be around forever, and want something more flexible. NEX would be a second choice, but I like the sensor on the X-series better.

9. Stevepwns

Photos OK to edit
    Im pretty well invested in the platform so I hope they stick around, for a few years anyways.

10. DiskoJoe

DiskoJoe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Id go for an a58. I would cost less and the technology is new. I was not really impressed by the quality off the a77 when I used a friends. My a580 is much nicer but they are hard to find now.

11. DiskoJoe

DiskoJoe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Fuji is cool and compact. A bit limited in the lenses still but they will develop more. Quality is good. Id love to get an x-100 for a back up/toy.

12. Stevepwns

Photos OK to edit

When you say quality, are you refering to the build, or the features. Or the over all function?