450D SD Cards? Why SD?

:drool: that's awesome. It'll be cool when they have one that just wires it straight to your hd rather than saving it on the card.

I think SD cards have their benefits. To be honest, one of the reasons I went with a d40 to start out was because I didn't want to have to deal with bending a pin and paying $200 to have it fixed if I were to get a rebel. Considering the price of memory, if an SD card breaks or gets corrupted (which has only happened to one of my 10 cards), it's a whole lot cheaper to get a new one then to get your camera fixed. I've never had to buy CF cards, but SD cards cost roughly $10 a gig for basic, non-pro type stuff, and it can often go cheaper.

They switched to SD to make room for the 3" LCD.

I guess you guys haven't figured out just how easy it is to attach to a bluetooth cellphone and listen in (even insert voice) while some stranger is on a call.

I know it's dead easy. I'm the first to toy with cracking WEP encryption or trying out new dodgy tricks to find on the internet. I also think a lot about security, but only where it's worth it.

I run a wireless internet at home, all wireless computers must use IPSec so even if the key is broken no one can start stealing my bandwidth. This is something I care about. Someone listening to my calls on bluetooth, or stealing to my pictures, frankly if they go to the trouble they deserve to listen to my boring conversations or have my photos. I was just pointing out that who would go to the effort to steal someone's photos. This is not something you prepare for unless someone specifically advertises "I use wireless to do my photoshoots"

Off topic...

IPSec inside your network???? Its a good way to insert yet another translation within the network layer... I could understand over VPN tunnel but inside? oh ok... to each their own. (Just turn off network name broadcast and start filtering mac addresses...)

And you say Thorhammer is paranoid...

Oh it simply made sense because of the way out network was setup. We have an old legacy wifi bridge (not a router), this connects to the Linux computer which has 3 network cards. One for the wifi where IPSec is running, one outputs to the ADSL modem the other to the internal ethernet network.

If I didn't have all the necessary gear before I started I'd agree that it it would be needlessly complicated, but this way it ensures that even if someone cracked the old WEP key (by old I mean 48bit WEP with no WPA) which could be cracked by any kid in a matter of minutes, they'd be entirely ignored by every device on that isolated part of the network.

So i guess with this wireless security scare, we should really never use pocketwizards. I mean, there are those hackers who set their PocketWizards to slave mode, hooked up to their camera. They easily let their camera fire whenever yours does...and then suck in all the lighting you have set up too. I mean, they're literally capturing the same 1/250th of a second you are.

:confused:

We should really be more paranoid....

Most reactions

Back