480sparky's 52 in 2015 thread......... with a twist!

So, here's Week 1!:

I do something similar to this one but more low tech. When I get a new SD card I take a pic of a note card that has my name and cell phone number with a note saying please call if found.

This is a great idea! Also, when vacationing, I make sure to take a picture of the hotel and room number!

This came about after my sister lost her camera while we were on vacation. We were biking along a boardwalk, and we stopped to take pictures. While I was taking a picture of her, she set her camera down. Didn't pick it back up. Well, we looked everywhere trying to find it, but couldn't. We went back to the hotel. This guy and lady drive up to the hotel, knock on my sister's door, and hand her the camera. She burst into tears. They looked through the photos and found pictures my sister took of the hotel and of her family standing in front of the door, including the room number. :smile: Love those people.

i could use one on vnds, step up rings when shooting film. As i dont want to waste ten shots guestimating...

Create Your Own Variable Neutral Density Filter - Digital Photography School

just sayn.....if you get bored.....

CalvinBlink2.gif

i could use one on vnds, step up rings when shooting film. As i dont want to waste ten shots guestimating...

Create Your Own Variable Neutral Density Filter - Digital Photography School

just sayn.....if you get bored.....

CalvinBlink2.gif
well i already told you i get confused with that....Film ain't cheap. Further i get from sunny 16 more stops i am guessing at....lmao Figure the margin of error on each by the time i get down to trying for a 3 s exposure i am screwed. On only pull it off with digital with cheating and five attempts.

well i already told you i get confused with that....Film ain't cheap. Further i get from sunny 16 more stops i am guessing at....lmao Figure the margin of error on each by the time i get down to trying for a 3 s exposure i am screwed. On only pull it off with digital with cheating and five attempts.

It's pretty simple. Let's say you figure the exposure is 1/15 @ f/16 sans an ND. If you add a 3-stop ND, you have a myriad of choices. You can stay at f/16 and shoot at 1/2, or keep 1/15 and open up to f/5.6. Or choose some middle ground and go f/11 and 1/4 or f/8 and 1/8.

So, here's Week 1!:

I do something similar to this one but more low tech. When I get a new SD card I take a pic of a note card that has my name and cell phone number with a note saying please call if found.

This is a great idea! Also, when vacationing, I make sure to take a picture of the hotel and room number!

This came about after my sister lost her camera while we were on vacation. We were biking along a boardwalk, and we stopped to take pictures. While I was taking a picture of her, she set her camera down. Didn't pick it back up. Well, we looked everywhere trying to find it, but couldn't. We went back to the hotel. This guy and lady drive up to the hotel, knock on my sister's door, and hand her the camera. She burst into tears. They looked through the photos and found pictures my sister took of the hotel and of her family standing in front of the door, including the room number. :smile: Love those people.

Your sister was very lucky. I don't think you want some stranger to have your room number and/or hotel. What if you lose your bag with camera and room key in it? That could lead to someone breaking into your room. That's why room keys do not have room numbers on them.

So, here's Week 1!:

Your sister was very lucky. I don't think you want some stranger to have your room number and/or hotel. What if you lose your bag with camera and room key in it? That could lead to someone breaking into your room. That's why room keys do not have room numbers on them.
Oh, she was VERY lucky.

Agree and disagree. Same concept as putting your address/phone number/etc in a text file in your camera. If this person has this fancy DSLR, they must be rich and have other goodies.

If someone really wanted to break into a hotel room, they wouldn't even need a room key. I've gotten into my room multiple times (after leaving my key in the room) by simply asking a maid in the hall to open the door. Scary.

I only put my first name and cell number.

Most reactions

Back