480sparky's Three Free Nikon F-Mount Lens Give-Away

Adapters are usually 1-way affairs. You can generally fit Camera A lens on Camera B, but putting Camera B lens on Camera A is problematic due to flange-to-film distance, as well as the mechanics of the mount itself.

Remember, one lens' mounting system will be larger in diameter than the other. This means the larger lens won't fit into the smaller lens's camera mount.

Looking forward to finding out who gets a lens. Excited!!

I don't know if this is over or not, but... my sister just lost one of my lenses when I let her borrow my camera, so I could really use some help in the glass department. Appreciate whatever you can spare.

Sparky I replied to ur PM yesterday just letting u know.

All three have been boxed up and ready to go. If I can get to the PO this morning before they close (I have a commitment this morning I cannot miss), they'll go out today. If not, it will be Tuesday.

3%20free%20lenses.jpg

I didn't make it in time to the PO this morning, so they'll go out Tuesday.

Sparky I received the lens today and unboxed it when I got home this evening. Can't wait to learn how to use it. The lens was very well packaged and it looks great. Has a nice solid build to it. I'm totally way beyond happy. Thank you once again. [emoji3]

I hope you all can get some use out of them. I know they're dinosaurs, but I just couldn't let 'em end up in the landfill.

I hope you all can get some use out of them. I know they're dinosaurs, but I just couldn't let 'em end up in the landfill.

I know I will. Looks like I don't need an adapter, I'm researching it to be on the safe side and will need to learn how to understand and use the numbers on the lens which I'm assuming has to do with aperture.

I know I will. Looks like I don't need an adapter, I'm researching it to be on the safe side and will need to learn how to understand and use the numbers on the lens which I'm assuming has to do with aperture.

The numbers next to the lens mount are indeed aperture settings. You'll need to use the ring to set it instead of the camera. Metering may need to be 'stop-down'.

The numbers next to the lens mount are indeed aperture settings. You'll need to use the ring to set it instead of the camera. Metering may need to be 'stop-down'.

I was able to mount the lens so I'm assuming it's safe to use it without an adapter. Thanks for the info about the numbers and metering.

Most reactions

Back