4th July Hummingbirds

z06-jim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still practicing with my new 'Canon 300 IS 2.8' trying to capture a decent hummingbird shot but they don't seem to be wanting to cooperate lately...
Shot these yesterday afternoon just before it started to rain so didn't have a lot of time to stalk them.
Only got one decent shot without the feeder being in the picture....
They are hand held at a distance of about 8ft using a 580EX II flash.
Canon 5D II...f/3.2~f/5.6....1/1000th shutter....ISO 400....Cropped
C&C welcome and appreciated as usual....

582544128_Tbgr3-L.jpg

582544085_ZhJHz-L.jpg

582544041_XRwpu-L.jpg

582544003_T7Qr4-L.jpg

582543967_yojhg-L.jpg

Beautiful shots. My favorite is #3 as it is so clear so is 4 and 5, but something keeps bringing me back to 3. Thanks for sharing these.

#3 made me gasp, love it. They're all great shots I like 3 and 5 the most.

wow, those shots are pretty amazing..#3 is really incredible, awesome work.

nice images but just one suggestion. If you want hummingbirds with no feeder in the picture why not try planting some flowers that they will come to instead of the feeder.

all shots are great,I've spent the last two days "stalking" hummingbirds not one good picture,.....yours are all well composed,great focus,and very sharp,hope i can come up to the bar you've set

I like #4 because there is no feeder in the shot. The feeder ruins it IMHO.

Holy Toledo, good work! Love the 'stop action' and feather detail you got. 3 and 4 are my faves. 3 has that interesting 'wings up' posture (and the spread wingtips look so cool). And I like how its tongue is sticking out in 4.

Very nice work. Good lighting, like the wing motion and neutral background/bokeh.

Some of us don't have the luxury of shooting hummingbirds "in the wild" :sexywink:

I try to get them coming or going and crop out the feeder...

Cheers, Don

Wow those are amazing! I'm loving no. 4 with his tongue sticking out

wow, those shots are pretty amazing..#3 is really incredible, awesome work.
Thank you,...:cheers:.....#3 is also my favorite because of the wing detail....:)....sure wish I could have captured it without the feeder in the shot......:scratch:....:gah:....

Most reactions

Back