4X5 Glass Replacement/Interchangeability

Dave Colangelo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my 4x5 came in today and I was all excited to open it up and start playing with it, but (and ill admit I had a dream about this) the focusing screen was shattered. The camera is a Calumet with a nice 150mm lens. I have reached out to the ebay seller but I dont expect much on that front. Considering it came with the case and lots of backs and a clean bellows im in no hurry to return the whole thing. I know that postal insurance claims can be a dead end so it is what it is at this point. I know that these screens come in all different sizes (even though they are all 4x5) i know the edges can be different. How interchangeable are they? am I totally out of luck if I can find another calumet one? will just about any one fit?

Heres the damage.
IMG_4582.jpg

If it's insured, then contact the seller for a copy of the receipt. That's all you'll need to go to the PO with. You might try posting a WTB thread over at Large Format Photography forums. Someone may have one handy they'd be willing to sell.

A plain GG is on ebay for 24 clams, with the grid is 70.

Thanks for the pointer, I saw those on ebay for 24, however they are clear that its an exact 4x5 dimension and that some cameras have small edges and what not that need to be accounted for. Im going to try and find a way to measure it accuratly if I can get the right size calipers to measure the bevels correctly.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back