5 Holga Portraits

Great Holga portraits.
You've got a good holga there with good vignetting.

i dig 1,2,5. you're not going to get super contrasty with a holga, but that's the point. fun cams. 1,2 are wonderful, subject wise/compositionally.

1- nice candid and the roofline top left and the dark spot in the siding frame your subject well.

2- my fav. the expression. the sky. the fact that you've tilted it just a bit so the horizon line isn't straight... nice work. it adds to the movement of the subject.

5- the posed shots aren't my fav but this one is a good portrait. i like her stance and you can feel the wind in that shot. its more relaxed than the other 2 and has personality. plus, great vignetting.

my only suggestion would be in pshop (if you're going to scan these in), remove the few little hairs/spots/dust. you don't have to go too crazy, but some of them (esp the dot in the upper right on 2 and the hair in the upper left on 1) are distracting. again don't go for "pristine" b/c these are holga images after all... just clean them a up little bit.

great shots! 2 is priceless!!

Thanks for all your input, everyone. I am totally done with using my slr's and now I only use Holgas and Dianas for all my work.

Next Tuesday, I'll be doing some portrait work for a Missouri State Rep.

Thanks,
Mike

Most reactions

Back