5 Knives C&C

Skyclad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A boring knife picture. My attempt at composition, but looking at it, I have a feeling its something common.

No idea why its so grainy (P&S camera maybe?). Might be best if I stick with outdoor shots during the day.

4836676129_da0dd02cb4_b.jpg

I feel that if you would have shot it at a slightly different angle itd be a bit more interesting...kind of just looks like you pointed straight down-took the shot. I do think the crop is good though,tight. Maybe adjust it-reshoot-repost? :) just my opinion though.

Thank you :) And you are correct, it was an almost straight down shot. I think if I were to do a re-shoot, I would compose it differently. It would be a little difficult to shoot that from a different angles as the bottom 2 knives and the top one are very flat handled - very slim. So that wouldn't allow for much depth. Hence a different composition if I did a re-shoot. :)

I just need to get a block of wood or a 2x4 or something like that. And that would also be good cause I would be able to move that around easily and find a more interesting background for them :)

o_O I should clarify! By something I did not mean anything living! :lol:

But yes, it would be nice.... Wood is easy to find!

Stab them into something just deep enough they stand and shoot like that. :)

I thought of that as soon as I saw it like stick them into a log in the woods so you have it sticking in the log and the woods just slightly oof would look awesome

Stab them into something just deep enough they stand and shoot like that. :)

I thought of that as soon as I saw it like stick them into a log in the woods so you have it sticking in the log and the woods just slightly oof would look awesome

I would do that, but unfortunately there are no woods here being the desert. Maybe I can find a nice old branch though :)

stab them all into a tree, all slightly at an angle. Like based on a line to the right, the first would be on itt, then next an inch to the left, etc. And then take the camera, place it on the tree, and shoot straight up. That way, you get a pleasing foreground, the subject is placed nicely (Dont center it!!), and a pleasing background.

Thats not the only way, but its a suggestion

If you have a continuous shot mode, you could do that and drop the knife from the top of the frame to the bottom and ghost in everything except the 1st shot... or the last shot.

Sorry, no continuous shot on this camera. And if there was, I would have no idea how to "ghost in" everything. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back