5 more from today

barleymalt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
another five from my street session today. let me kno what u think!

4835428623_d14103cc6e_b.jpg

4836038460_ec8d129e9e_b.jpg

4836040332_77b1027aee_b.jpg

4835429717_a9e0f4f164_b.jpg

4836039816_694a543e1d_b.jpg

The first one made me laugh...I think you owe me a new keyboard for the water I spit out. :p

Seriously though, I really like these. I'm too much of an introvert to do anything even remotely close to street photography, but I'm digging these shots.

Man just do it, it's a lot of fun! Just sit down at a restaurant on a busy street and order some drinks and shoot away. Most people wont even notice you and the ones that do mostly seem flattered you found them interesting enough to take a pic. Also, a lens that gets you close helps a lot.

Great candid shots! curious if any of these people DID notice you taking the shots, and what their reaction was?

I don't really get the whole 'street photography' thing myself. It just seems like intruding on strangers' privacy for the sake of it. It's not as if any of these people are particularly interesting, I mean a busker or homeless person I could understand, but a fat woman eating an ice cream doesn't seem like something you'll print and hang your wall.

Man where do you live...I see people wearing shorts, tank tops, jeans, sweatshirts, dresses, heavy coats. Where ever it is, I think your weather man sucks!

^^^ LOL! I was gonna ask the same thing! But man I love people photos. You can find so many cool stuf!

Good street is hard to do well. If you want to continue with this style, you need to get more personal, and your photographs have to say something or illustrate composition. These are not engaging, probably because you were not engaged; easier said than done, I realize.

The first one made me laugh...I think you owe me a new keyboard for the water I spit out. :p

Seriously though, I really like these. I'm too much of an introvert to do anything even remotely close to street photography, but I'm digging these shots.

I'm with Gaerek on this one. I really like street photography, but am a bit of an introvert. I'm trying to build myself up to it eventually. In the meantime, I shoot landscapes, my dog, my wife, and whatnot.

I like #1 - I actually thought it was a senile old man walking around in his bathrobe, eating ice cream :lmao:

#2 is nice too - makes you wonder what he was laughing about.

These are not engaging, probably because you were not engaged; easier said than done, I realize.

good point - 1, 4 and 5 would have connected on a much higher level if those three had been looking directly at the camera. #1 wouldn't have been so 'voyeuristic' watching the 'big' lady stuffing her face, but more like 'sharing the ice cream experience' with her.

I think 2 and 3 could have benefited maybe in the same way, but really like the candid look of the kid in green.

I'm with Gaerek on this one. I really like street photography, but am a bit of an introvert. I'm trying to build myself up to it eventually. In the meantime, I shoot landscapes, my dog, my wife, and whatnot.

I like #1 - I actually thought it was a senile old man walking around in his bathrobe, eating ice cream :lmao:

#2 is nice too - makes you wonder what he was laughing about.

Yeah add me to that list too. I get shy just having my camera out where people can see me with it, even if it's not pointed at them.

I like the black and white ones - #1 and #3 seem a bit over-saturated to me, though it works okay for them.

I don't really get the whole 'street photography' thing myself. It just seems like intruding on strangers' privacy for the sake of it. It's not as if any of these people are particularly interesting, I mean a busker or homeless person I could understand, but a fat woman eating an ice cream doesn't seem like something you'll print and hang your wall.

The purpose of every photo isn't to be printed and hung in an art museum. It's a funny shot and if it made someone laugh it served it's purpose, imo.

I agree about lack of connection with the subjects though. Need to work on that. I still don't think every subjects need to be staring at the camera to make it a good shot. I like photos that observe spontanious behaviour.

Weatherman doesn't have an easy job here in scandinavia for sure. This day it had been rainy and windy all morning and it started clearing up in the afternoon. Which explains the versatility in clothing i guess.

Where about in Sweden were these taken? Stockholm?

Close. Uppsala, about an hour from Stockholm.

Most reactions

Back