5 Photos for C+C (Seattle Getaway)

gsm275

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So heading to Africa next week and scrambling to up my game with my photography. Been at it since around November. Here's my latest from last weekend, let me know what you think and would love as much feedback as i can get. A few of them are photoshopped up a bit, feel free to feedback on the post-production as well as the subject matter.

4674276532_1af894669a.jpg

4681064425_e25e6f7516.jpg

4681064199_bda35ca448.jpg

4673662167_9af707b8b2.jpg

4681065823_212ce31a61.jpg

Ok . .i lied, there's a 6th.
4674273212_6ac933f4d8.jpg

1) seems like a snapshot imo
2) great shot. i love the symmetry of the apples.
3) subject is interesting..wish that guy wasn't in the background..creates focus off the main subject distracting...
4) very cool i love the market! its all about the fish tossing! ha
5) seems cinematic
6) not bad...u cud use a little fill light to separate the girls leggings from the background.

#1 I hate cars that have a decal to say what kind of car it its. That's just a personal opinion though. Besides that it's underexposed, and it's too sharp. Either it's that way because it's been compressed into the smaller image, too much pp, or a combo of both.

#2 Underexposed just a little and the white balance is off. I like the set up though.

#3 Underexposed and the DOF is too deep. Looks like the same sharpness problem from #1.

#4 Uninteresting.

#5 It's one thing to be abstract. It's another to be out of focus and underexposed.

#6 Perfect. Some might say it's a tad bit underexposed, but I say it's just because you're in Seattle. The subject is very interesting and from the small image it appears your focus is right on. DOF is great, and I really like how her body is strait up and down, but none of the other lines in the picture line up. Well done!

Appreciate the feedback. I seem to have an ongoing struggle with mastering exposure, not sure if it's strictly due to my inexperience or if the camera itself is partial to blame but i jsut can't seem to get hammer it down so i tend to often need to rework in Lightroom and Photoshop. I tend to go effecty when I get a good subject gone bad in execution. If anybody has tips for improving exposure i'd love to hear it. At the moment i seem to always compensate down a stop to make up for my T1i overexposing, but again there may be some newbie mistake i'm making that is causing this problem. As you mentioned, being in the Pacific north, dealing with overcast and blah skies is also a bit of an ongoing struggle but summers finally making it's way up here so hopefully that issue will be gone for a while.

Here's another shot of the car photo. Does this come across as any more interesting?

4673652237_a044a63c74.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back