5 shots for C&C please

Anubisyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks, been lurking around since about April when i got my 1st dslr, and thanx to you all for all the info that yall post, it has helped a lot. That said ide like some harsh C&C on these please..... ;)

1)
Tigerbrownie.jpg

2)
Tombstone1.jpg

3)
bird.jpg

4)
hall.jpg

5)
sky.jpg

C&C per req:

1. Not bad; it would be better taken from a bit lower; as a rule of thumb, whenever possible put yourself on the same level as the people or animals who are your subjects. The image is also somewhat over-exposed, with fairly large blown areas to the right, and even some on the tiger's back. Given the animal's closeness to the fence and the harsh lighting, I think the best solution here would have been a tight zoom on the face.

2. Interesting treatment, but very noisy in the sky, with a distinctly 'over-processed' look. I like the composition but think that the bit of stone protruding into image left could be cloned or cropped out, and that a perspective corrections would help.

3. Nice idea, but far too much wasted space. Scenes like this need to fill the frame. Don't forget to level your images in post.

4. Nice composition on this one, but dappled light can be miserable to work with. In this case you've got blown highlights image left and deep shado image right. I think a different time of day would be the key to getting the best image here.

5. A nice sky, which, with the use of a circular polarizer would have really popped at the right time of day (early morning/later evening), but the scene overall doesn't do much for me. It needs levelling, and the angle of the hill right foreground tends to grab the eye. As well, the branches at the top are very distracting, and have no real reason to be there. This looks to me like an image that needed to be shot from a much wider perspective.

Good work, keep at it.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

thanx for the opinions, alwayse good to have a fresh pair of eyes look at things.

Most reactions

Back