500px Vs. Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just came across 500px.com which seems like an awesome site to compete with Flickr. i love Flickr but i made a 500px account because it seems like more of a social network, with the paid account you can set up an online portfolio. You can also keep a blog and stuff like this. if any of you have an account or make one feel free to add me as a friend. my username is Mantis_Toboggan

500px / Mantis_Toboggan

I've not read them in depth, but a quick look at 500px TC (found here 500px / Terms of Service ) shows that they are on par with flickr in protecting your copyright and in also not abusing it (ie they can't sell your photos or profit from them - the most they can do is attribute them on the front page of their website).

So sounds like a good level of competition against flickr - at least after a quick TC look

Looks interesting. This is the first I've heard of it. It costs more than Flickr, but it looks like you get more for it too.

any other 500px users out there??

Just joined a few hours ago. I'm actually loving it so far. I think it's equivalent to Vimeo vs. YouTube (with Flickr being the latter). Here's my 500px page.

Pretty cool, but 50 bucks a year compared to 24 of Flickr for unlimited uploads.

Might sign up for the free version. Anyone know the limit of the images on the free version?

Joined, but haven't added much yet.

http://500px.com/Nola2T

Last edited:
The governement has the 500px classified as entertainment/nudity. I do most my browsing at work, so no 500px for me.

I like 500px as a portfolio site but it isn't really a community to me. It feels more like a competitor to SmugMug.

Have you seen PurePhoto? They have a groups feature like Flickr which is nice. Both sites are really good but feel like they are slightly different in terms of use. Anyway, check these guys out...

http://www.purephoto.com

It seems to have a different crowd to flickr - the content certainly is different. First impressions are the publicised quality tends a little higher - just comparing popular to explore shows that.

500px / Oneiromancer

I am new to 500px but really like the feeling and ease of use. Went ahead and signed up, promo code "friends" makes it only $40.00 year. I'm liking it better everyday. cheers

Please stop by:
500px.com/PhotographersExperience

Not sure whether I'll sign up for a paid account yet. I'm liking the idea of keeping it as my 'portfolio' site and flickr as my storage/share site. If I ever look at selling photos (in the not so near future), then I'd sub. I know already there's no way I'm going to break that 20 photos a week limit, not if I'm even thinking of trying to keep up. Not that I can yet :lol:

If you're at home, it really is worth browsing through upcoming, editor's choice and popular. While there's a (relatively) large number of nudes, (probably people excited to be on a site where they're not instantly censored), the variety and level of technical skill and creativity on show is something to see. It definitely has helped my eye, even if it's only to work out what the photographer did.

Just joined a few hours ago. I'm actually loving it so far. I think it's equivalent to Vimeo vs. YouTube (with Flickr being the latter). Here's my 500px page.

David, your photos are awesome! i just started following you. i haven't gotten a chance to upload any shots to my account yet, been super busy, but i look forward to checking out more of your work soon. Keep it up!

Nice site. However they don't allow nudity to be uploaded which is what some of my photography contains.

Anyways my account is at 500px / Snap Geek but I normally use flickr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back