50Kb avatar size...

Life

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.holthausphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am having the hardest time finding an avatar lol. It says " It should be at least 200x200 in size " But yet, when I upload something @ 68kb, it says it cannot be larger than 50kb. Lol? (P.S I even made it smaller to 100x100 )

Any help by chance?

I just export to a jpeg and specify the maximum file size.
For example, the chick I am currently using is 800 x 800 and 320k. I don't know what the max size was, but it uploaded fine.

I don't know what to tell you -- the badge is a .gif, 1516 x 1452 and 433kb.

I am having the hardest time finding an avatar lol. It says " It should be at least 200x200 in size " But yet, when I upload something @ 68kb, it says it cannot be larger than 50kb. Lol? (P.S I even made it smaller to 100x100 )

Any help by chance?
What browser are you using?

I have had the same issue when using Firefox but Chrome seems to work for me now.

Can you see the GIF below:
TPFlogo1.gif

I'm using chrome too. I see everyone's Gif's just fine. It's just giving me a 50kb upload limit for an avatar, 'cept when I do a 12mb Raw to Jpg converted image. Lol

Image resolution - 100 px by 100 px is not the same as file size - 50 kb.

If you save a 100 px x 100 px image at a lower JPEG Quality setting the file size can be reduced.
Also if you make sure the image has had the metadata stripped from it that can also reduce the file size somewhat.

I know it's not the same. What I am saying is, when I want to load an avatar, such as runnah ( Gif ) it says max file size is 50kb and it won't upload for me because it's too "big". But, yet If I take a 12mb jpg it works fine. I get that it resizes the image automatically, but even if I resize it down manually it's still a few hundred kb, not close to 50. So I don't understand why a Gif that is smaller than my current Jpg does not work?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back