52 Week Photography Project 2018,WEEK 4 Creative: Quiet Moment Peace. Serenity. Tranquility. Convey

My (officially posted) Week 1 photo:

Look Ahead:

52projectWeek1lookahead by jwa04, on Flickr

Look Ahead -- I hope 2018 turns out kind of like this awesome bowl of yogurt. The yogurt is homemade, the honey is local, the bananas are perfectly ripe, and the granola provides the perfect amount of texture. Balance is key in all of life, and I hope I can figure it out this year.

I actually struggled a bit more this week than I thought I might. The weather being just about as bad as it gets around here I know didn't help, but I also sent my D600 off to Nikon on Friday, and I was stressed about that all week. This was actually my third idea, and only came about because my wife made herself a beautiful breakfast yesterday morning.

Until further notice, I'm using a Sony a6000 with the 16-50mm kit lens. Crutches removed -- all of my lighting gear, fast prime lenses, and my general comfort level. I think it'll be a good change for a little bit.

@SquarePeg -- should we just use this thread for the challenge until further notice? Just change the title? Not a crazy amount of participation, so I think that would be fine.

Miss Riley doesn't LOOK like a baby anymore but she's barely 9 months old and TRUST ME- she still acts like a baby. The only think newer than she is might be the lens- received delivery of this Tokina 100mm macro lens day before yesterday and this is my first test of the lens as a portrait lens. These are the "New Beginnings" in the Peeb household...

(PS- posted in the @SquarePeg "before/after" challenge too, in you want to see the SOOC version...)

Miss Riley- Golden Retriever pup
by Peeb-OK, on Flickr

Look Ahead:

Look Ahead -- I hope 2018 turns out kind of like this awesome bowl of yogurt. The yogurt is homemade, the honey is local, the bananas are perfectly ripe, and the granola provides the perfect amount of texture. Balance is key in all of life, and I hope I can figure it out this year.

I actually struggled a bit more this week than I thought I might. The weather being just about as bad as it gets around here I know didn't help, but I also sent my D600 off to Nikon on Friday, and I was stressed about that all week. This was actually my third idea, and only came about because my wife made herself a beautiful breakfast yesterday morning.

Until further notice, I'm using a Sony a6000 with the 16-50mm kit lens. Crutches removed -- all of my lighting gear, fast prime lenses, and my general comfort level. I think it'll be a good change for a little bit.

@SquarePeg -- should we just use this thread for the challenge until further notice? Just change the title? Not a crazy amount of participation, so I think that would be fine.

Great photo for week 1. I’m interested to see your thoughts after not using your dslr for a few weeks.

Look Ahead:

Great photo for week 1. I’m interested to see your thoughts after not using your dslr for a few weeks.

I mean, I’m a bit of a whiner, right? The a6000 was one of the best mirrorless cameras on the market a few years ago, haha.

WEEK 2 Composition: Color Harmony Get out your color wheel. Do opposites attract? Can there be harmony with opposite colors? Does the Hulk wear purple pants? Mix warm and cool colors.

Prompt above and title post revised.

I bought some flowers to play with yesterday for this challenge, and realized that it is possible to instantly kill flowers when it's 6 degrees out. Next idea, haha.

it is possible to instantly kill flowers when it's 6 degrees out.

Have you thought of drying them first then putting them in the snow. Might be an interesting take.

it is possible to instantly kill flowers when it's 6 degrees out.

Have you thought of drying them first then putting them in the snow. Might be an interesting take.

That's a cool idea. Unfortunately, my wife cursed my ignorance to such matters and chucked the flower stems and the petals. Yes...separately, because by about 4 hours after I got home, all of the petals had fallen off, haha.

By the by...I notice someone who has been very active in posting photos in the galleries from their trip, but hasn't managed to post any in this challenge... :aufsmaul:

Are you guys just doing the challenge here or on the Facebook group too?

I'm on the Facebook group, too. I took a photo today for one of my ideas, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be the keeper this week.

are we talking TPF's FB group? Has there even been a post there in over a year?

Are you guys just doing the challenge here or on the Facebook group too?

I'm on the Facebook group, too. I took a photo today for one of my ideas, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be the keeper this week.

are we talking TPF's FB group? Has there even been a post there in over a year?

No, we're referring to the Dogwood Photography 52 Week Challenge group. There is a link to it in the OP I believe.

It's huge...like 4-5k members, and had something like 500 photos (maybe more, IDK) posted this week, haha.

ahhhhh. I wanted to get in on week 1, but it was too cold outside :p

did I mention I'm lazy?

By the by...I notice someone who has been very active in posting photos in the galleries from their trip, but hasn't managed to post any in this challenge...

Jon, I tried LOL the internet is bad here, making me pull my hair out. I tried to post one yesterday, but instead of in the thread it ended up as a new thread in the Theme category. Limr was kind enough to move it to the general area. Here's the link does that count for something???? House At The End Of The Street

Most reactions

Back