52 Week Photography Project 2018,WEEK 4 Creative: Quiet Moment Peace. Serenity. Tranquility. Convey

Stop yelling at me. The Angry Wife and the Crazy Husband.

DSCF3153E.jpg

parisian tulips.jpg

The warm colors of the flowers softly blurred lead the eye to the cool blue hues of the boulevards of Paris (as it was in 1889). We were there in 2003 on our honeymoon when we stumbled upon a street market on a small square in the Latin Quarter. It was a warm day in the coolest of cities, love was in the air and we bought this map.

Last edited:
View attachment 152118

The warm colors of the flowers softly blurred lead the eye to the cool blue hues of the boulevards of Paris (as it was in 1889). We were there in 2003 on our honeymoon when we stumbled upon a street market on a small square in the Latin Quarter. It was a warm day in the coolest of cities, love was in the air and we bought this map.

This is awesome. Your on to something here....

View attachment 152118

This is awesome. Your on to something here....

Thanks, JC. Your photo above is what gave me the idea. It was my birthday on Wednesday and these are the flowers my wife and daughter gave me, so this photo has a very personal touch one way and another.

WEEK 3 Technical: Full Manual While the camera often determines shutter speed and aperture for the photographer, it doesn't know your creative intent. This week, challenge your self to assume creative control over the camera by using full manual mode. Select a subject where varying the aperture and / or shutter speed helps enhance the composition and visual qualities of the image.

For most (all?) of the people in this thread, this won't be anything new for you. But, it's the prompt this week. Let's see what you've got!

Since I'm still using the Sony a6000, I may use one of the F to E mount adapters I have to use a Nikon lens on it. Then it'll be completely manual...no aperture adjustment in the camera, and no AF.

WEEK 3 Technical: Full Manual While the camera often determines shutter speed and aperture for the photographer, it doesn't know your creative intent. This week, challenge your self to assume creative control over the camera by using full manual mode. Select a subject where varying the aperture and / or shutter speed helps enhance the composition and visual qualities of the image.

For most (all?) of the people in this thread, this won't be anything new for you. But, it's the prompt this week. Let's see what you've got!

Since I'm still using the Sony a6000, I may use one of the F to E mount adapters I have to use a Nikon lens on it. Then it'll be completely manual...no aperture adjustment in the camera, and no AF.

So I take it my Holga is out of the question

Even better, really.

No takers last week. No surprise, really!

I've updated with this week's theme.

WEEK 4 Creative: Quiet Moment Peace. Serenity. Tranquility. Convey a quiet moment.

No takers last week. No surprise, really!

I've updated with this week's theme.

WEEK 4 Creative: Quiet Moment Peace. Serenity. Tranquility. Convey a quiet moment.

I did participate in the Facebook group last week but Full Manual was not much of a challenge. I think most on this site can do that without an issue. Took a pic of the dog in lo wish light and I used manual focus to make it a bit more difficult.

I like that. I have an idea for mine but haven’t finished thinking it through yet.

Most reactions

Back