56k fear and loathing in indio california: a series from coachella

hazzayoungn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
WARNING: long intro rant...skip to pictures if thats your desire

these are the pictures that turned out decent from my trip to the coachella fest. all shot with my digital point and shoot. i definately would have brought the film slr, but they stated no cameras with removable lenses (although i found many people walking around with their dslr's...steams me up inside)

it was rather difficult to get any shots whatsoever of the performances, but i did manage a few. on a side note, i realized why to use digital zoom - you can focus more clearly AND it usually shoots at higher speeds with larger apertures. also, the 2 second self timer is great. i got many more shots like that than with the normal immediate shutter

note to self: next time bring a string tripod

now on to the pictures - chronological order if youre wondering

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

they were headed to coachella too

IMG_0688.jpg

of montreal

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

i know this is a terrible picture, but i thought it was worth mentioning. being in the crowd, i lost track of where Peaches went. then i heard a bunch of yelling. she was climbing up the rafters pretty far without any harness or whatnot, still singing. i snapped one before she started to climb down

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

forgot to take it off of iso800 =[

IMG_0748.jpg

reactable during bjorks set

IMG_0752.jpg

and the lovely miss bjork singing in her straw dress thing

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

RHCP i believe

IMG_0806-1.jpg

the howling monkey plane was overhead all three days

IMG_0850.jpg

my attempt at photographing "air"

IMG_0859.jpg

another attempt at photographing air. it was rather dusty

IMG_0898.jpg

rage

IMG_0912.jpg

rage leaving the premisis

IMG_0923.jpg

the mass exodus to the parking lot after the last day of the festival. it was kinda funny because EVERYBODY was trying to get a picture of this. then some guy yelled out "HOW ABOUT ONE PERSON TAKES A PICTURE AND SENDS IT TO EVERYBODY ELSE!!! EVER HEARD OF FLICKR!?!??!?!"

those are the ones that turned out better than the rest.

c&c, storytelling, and picture responses welcomed

Nice set. It was entertaining.

Good job.

never having been there myself, I'm kinda interested in whats going on in the one with the lightning...

never having been there myself, I'm kinda interested in whats going on in the one with the lightning...

since it was a music and arts festival, they had quite a few installments. one was the big metal spider (in the sunset shot), another was the tesla coil (lightning), there was a firebreathing uhh... thing, that red hut, umm, those lights behind the tesla coil were aimed at each other in the sky over the mainstage, just a bunch of stuff really

if youre interested, i think theyre still posted on the coachella website

One thread on the topic is sufficient thank-you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back