580EX II Help

bgreeley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. Whoohoo? I bought a 580EX II a few months back and was a little overhelmed by its power and underwhelmed by the Canon manual so I shelved it. I just pulled it out again yesterday and started just experimenting with it and am slowly figuring it out.

I am still a little overwhelmed and was wondering if anyone knows of any "how to" websites for the 580EX II. Something to the effect of showing photo examples for the different settings and different lenses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brandon

Because I realized I posted it in the wrong section (News & Reviews) after I submitted it and there is no delete option. Ok, so ... back to my question ...

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. Whoohoo? I bought a 580EX II a few months back and was a little overhelmed by its power and underwhelmed by the Canon manual so I shelved it. I just pulled it out again yesterday and started just experimenting with it and am slowly figuring it out.

I am still a little overwhelmed and was wondering if anyone knows of any "how to" websites for the 580EX II. Something to the effect of showing photo examples for the different settings and different lenses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brandon

Don't you just love Canon's instruction manuals? I've got the 430EX and I have tried to read the manual a few times but it isn't very explicit.

Here is a link Big Mike posted for me a while back. It has a wealth of info on Canon's flashes. I haven't had a chance to read through all of it but what I saw so far was useful.

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/

Marcus,

Thanks a ton for the link to that site. It has a ton of great info on flash units. Pretty much what I was looking for.

Big Al,

Thanks for the link to the Strobist. I've been reading that site for a while now.

Brandon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back