5D help

possably going to the stats in a few months so might pick it up while over there

I'm not sure why you would want to buy your camera from overseas. What will you use to charge the battery? You can't use an american charger in UK sockets. There might also be an issue with warranties. I'd recommend buying it locally.

PS: I agree with the choice for the 1d MKIIN. It's a newer version of the 1D MKII, and a cheaper version of the 1Ds MKII. Nice choice :)

Unimaxium said:
I'm not sure why you would want to buy your camera from overseas. What will you use to charge the battery? You can't use an american charger in UK sockets. There might also be an issue with warranties. I'd recommend buying it locally.

PS: I agree with the choice for the 1d MKIIN. It's a newer version of the 1D MKII, and a cheaper version of the 1Ds MKII. Nice choice :)

great point, uni. buying overseas is a complicated and usually difficult process. just buy it there (and you'll get it sooner too :D).

i'm not sure if i'd consider the 1d2n a cheaper version of a 1ds2...that's more the 5d's description.

balls didnt think of the sockets warehouse direct it is then

thebeginning said:
i'm not sure if i'd consider the 1d2n a cheaper version of a 1ds2...that's more the 5d's description.

Considering that the 1Ds MKII is $6900 while the 1D MKIIn is $3600, I'd say it's a cheaper version. The N is a cheaper version of the 1D body design. The 5D in my eyes is a more expensive, full-frame version of the 30D.

Actually in the input voltage range on Canon battery chargers cover both the Americas and Euro. All you need is replace the cord and at the worse cut the plug off then run to hardware store for a replace plug

'I might be going to the States in a few months...' - Dude, do you actually need a camera or what? And as I say, you only save £200 or so anyway as the exchange rate is not 2 to 1 but more like 1.78 to 1.......

Unimaxium said:
Considering that the 1Ds MKII is $6900 while the 1D MKIIn is $3600, I'd say it's a cheaper version. The N is a cheaper version of the 1D body design. The 5D in my eyes is a more expensive, full-frame version of the 30D.

still, they are two very different cameras. as far as body construction goes, they are similar (although the 1dII is closer to the body of the 1dsII than the 1dIIn is)...i was thinking more of sensor format and rough camera purpose.

Most reactions

Back