5D Mark III or wait for IV?

No regrets. The mk III is superior in most every way. Only thing that I remotely miss is the wifi, but honestly, it's no big deal at all. The full frame and low light shooting is night and day difference between the 2. I actually get full use of my 2.8 L lenses now that I didn't realize before. I don't need super telephoto that you get with a crop sensor or high speed shooting as I do more portrait and landscapes anyway. LOVE IT! If you are waiting anyway, their are rumors of a new Canon mirrorless to compete with the Sony.

No regrets. The mk III is superior in most every way. Only thing that I remotely miss is the wifi, but honestly, it's no big deal at all. The full frame and low light shooting is night and day difference between the 2. I actually get full use of my 2.8 L lenses now that I didn't realize before. I don't need super telephoto that you get with a crop sensor or high speed shooting as I do more portrait and landscapes anyway. LOVE IT! If you are waiting anyway, their are rumors of a new Canon mirrorless to compete with the Sony.

Hmmmm, you read my mind but you have the hands on experience!

Wifi I haven't used much, I can live without that.. The articulating screen has come in handy for getting different angles and still being able to see your shot in live view and being able to control your focus point by touching it on the screen. So, the touch screen? Well, I admit I use that a lot... Probably 90% of my setting changes come from the quick menu and the touch screen.....

Hmmm, a new Canon to compete with the A7 or the A6000? Good to know though..

I've been using a 5D mklll as my backup, for over a year. It is simply a great camera to use. As a primary body it served me very well, although as I do shoot mostly sports I upgraded to the Dx just for the faster frame rate. Other than that the 5D is close to being the same camera. Can't go wrong with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back