5D MK II - Ship Date

Timing seems about right,... :drool:

I ordered new foam last night to lay this baby down in a Pelican 1600 pillow. Got a new Giottos ball head locked down.. :lol: And a precision panning mechanism of my own design all await..

BTW - I noticed on the Canon site that the Wireless FT gizmo has been re-priced to 949.99 down from $1,450 at one point - so hopefully Calumet & B&H etc can drop it even further matching the other disparate pricing comparisons... I'm hoping for $750 :thumbup:

-Shea

Like I just said in Jerry's post, they are at the local pro shop down the street. The kits came in first (which are all spoken for), and then the body-only packages will be here next week.

Down in Diego the bodies are expected first,.. a junior salesman at a unnamed pro shop blurted out that they had 2000 body orders and would only get 200 in the first shipment... 10% of demand.

I'm supposed to be on a shorter W/lens list, but I'm honestly preparing my patience to hold out until January. Sooner, like before the holidays would be great - but we will all just have to wait and see how it plays out in our various regions.

I would sure enjoy knowing how many units were warehoused, shipped and what daily production is up to now... just to try and understand the scale!

I think I will clean out the garage for now...

-Shea

Amazing how this happens when it's before christmas ... even with an item that isn't a "consumer mass" one (it's not like tickle me elmo) ..

if the 5dMII was being released in March .. there would never be so much hype and EVERYONE would have no problem getting one ...

no cos of this christmas marketting bollix , a lot of people will be waiting ..

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back