5D MKII & weather sealing

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Village Idiot, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm posting here as this is more relevant to those that would like to take pictures when it's soggy out.

Tuesday night me and two friends were heading out to a bar to throw some darts and drink some brews. Fortunately, my camera was with me.

The friend driving saw red off of the horizon and smoke. Apparently a large fire. I told him to drive back in the direction of the smoke to see what was up. When we rolled up on this house, it was already completely engulfed and there was no one there. I told the other passenger to call 911 and I started shooting. We were there for about 45 minutes or so and I got pretty much the whole thing.

Needless to say, the 5D MKII rocks. I was shooting with the 24-70 f/2.8 and the 70-200 f/2.8 IS. The below photos are a little small, but if you click on them, it'll take you to the flick page where you can see the larger sizes. In the last one you can see about how hard it was raining.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tsaraleksi

tsaraleksi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sweet shots, great eye for news. And it's good to know that it can stand up to some rain.

3. Ls3D

Ls3D TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That top shot is ART! Great shot :thumbup:

I thought you SET the fire when you found out your camera has a foam CF card 'seal'.. Oh - and the battery.. (I have one too).

Not really an issue for me yet, but some folks expressed strong opinions about it.

Love how the tree is steaming! and rim lit... :thumbup: Can we see a 100% crop in that area? I love probing the full res..

-Shea

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009