elrafo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
el-rafo.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there,

Thinking to go full frame, I know the D700 has a super powerfull software but the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 is really expensive compared to the Canon, would you have some opinion on this ? what is the best option, price wise...important of course!

thanks a lot.

Which lens system do you like better.

DSLR's come and go, but you will own the lenses for decades.

I'd suggest that the D700 is superior...mostly because it's several years newer than the 5D. There have been many rumors of a replacement for the 5D...my hunch is that it will be here this fall. So then it should be a more 'fair' comparison.

no competition, D700

and I'm a Canon user!

We have both at the RITz I work at, and I'll be buying a D700 tomorrow.

Essentially, it boils down to this:

Sharpest 12MP you can get: 5D.

Everything else: D700.

The 5D has better acuity with RAW files, but the D700 is just an amazing tool to work with that's superior to the 5D in every way possible (acuity excluded, but it's close).

I would wait five weeks. The biggest photo show starts Sep 23rd in Cologne, Germany. Photokina. It's held every two years. Most manufacturers announce their products a week or so prior, so that customers include a booth visit in their trip. Canon is expected to introduce the 5D Mark II.

Which lens system do you like better.

DSLR's come and go, but you will own the lenses for decades.
Amen

Nikon is considered having better speedlight system.
Canon slightly better on lenses (I think... not sure, I'm a nikon user)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
With less time and desire to take photos like crazy, I now collect digital camera (and some lens) reviews at a new website I'm trying to bring up - dprGuru.com

Amen

Nikon is considered having better speedlight system.
Canon slightly better on lenses (I think... not sure, I'm a nikon user)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
With less time and desire to take photos like crazy, I now collect digital camera (and some lens) reviews at a new website I'm trying to bring up - dprGuru.com

for the lenses that is really not easy, you really would have to do a side by side comparison for two specific lenses.

Most reactions

Back