5D Successor

The 40D is more like a littler brother to the 1D than the 5D. I have a feeling that Canon won't want to make the new 5D too good, because that might eat into their 1 series sales. That being said, Nikon has put the pressure on, so Canon might answer with a great camera at a great price....we can hope for that anyway.

That would be cool to work for canon like the lead person who decides everything...or at least in the committee that decides everything..how many MP whatnot...

I want full frame but the other features of the 40D...combined into the next 5D replacement... Like a 40D full frame :p

I do not care about the 40D features.

I want a 5D with increased latitude in exposure and slightly improved IQ on a pixel basis. Everything else can stay as it is on the current 5D.

All that anti-dust, life view and so on do not matter for me at all.... of course they will implement all that, but it does not help the quality of my images.

I dont mean those kind of 40D features... MOSTLY I mean FPS wise... sorry I failed to mention that :p I want 6.5 fps....im only at 3fps on my xti...i like sports photography...

I dont mean those kind of 40D features... MOSTLY I mean FPS wise... sorry I failed to mention that :p I want 6.5 fps....im only at 3fps on my xti...i like sports photography...

oh, ok, i understand that ;) .. just for me it is not important as i shoot at 1 fpm at maximum ... normally 1 fph even ;)

I would bet that the new 5D (or whatever) will be as fast as the 40D or very close to it. And at least 4 times the price of the 40D.

Derrick

Oh, wait, I just went to Canon's website...reading right now, the 50D??

http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedata/pressrelease/20080826_eos50d.html

EDIT - hmmm....looks good, but still not a 5D replacement with the APS-C size sensor.

:lol: Marcus you still haven't broken down and purchased the current 5D?! I just went ahead and did it when they went on sale in May! I got tired of waiting and waiting and waiting! LOL Patience, I don't have that, but I'm sure I'll want the 5D successor when it comes out too! haha

:lol: Marcus you still haven't broken down and purchased the current 5D?! I just went ahead and did it when they went on sale in May! I got tired of waiting and waiting and waiting! LOL Patience, I don't have that, but I'm sure I'll want the 5D successor when it comes out too! haha

No, I haven't bought one yet. I just started really researching last year because I knew I would want to get one relatively soon...but I need to get my credit card paid off first, then cut it up.:er:

I should have my CC paid off in about 8 mos. or so - I figure by then the 5D replacement will surely have come out, and maybe possibly already reduced a bit in price by then.

If I were in the market for a 5D-like camera at the moment, I would agree with waiting. But purchasing electronic equipment that was released 3 years ago is not a good idea, in my opinion.

I've heard what Mike said, that it will be announced at the photo convention in September.

I'm hoping for a sleaker design, the 5d feels so... clunky, in my hands. *shrug* I want a full frame camera, I do landscapes. I don't like the 5d, and I don't want to switch to Nikon :p (And I can't afford the 1Ds :p )

Yikes. I just bought the 1Ds, and keep looking over to my 5D thinking "gee, I miss how small and sleek it is compared to my new camera..."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back