5D Successor

No, I haven't bought one yet. I just started really researching last year because I knew I would want to get one relatively soon...but I need to get my credit card paid off first, then cut it up.:er:
I should have my CC paid off in about 8 mos. or so - I figure by then the 5D replacement will surely have come out, and maybe possibly already reduced a bit in price by then.

Smart thinking Marcus! I need to cut up those cc's too!

Iron FlatlineYikes. I just bought the 1Ds, and keep looking over to my 5D thinking "gee, I miss how small and sleek it is compared to my new camera..."

Iron Flatline, I heard this camera was difficult to use! Aren't the functions/buttons, ect. layed out different from the 5D?

astrostuIf I were in the market for a 5D-like camera at the moment, I would agree with waiting. But purchasing electronic equipment that was released 3 years ago is not a good idea, in my opinion.

Astrostu, the 5D may have been released 3 years ago (or was it more than that?), but it was well worth the $ that I got it for, especially considering that I had been shooting w/ a 2 1/2 year old 20D. I have no regrets; BUT I KNOW I will want it's successor too, especially since I've been waiting and searching and waiting for it to come out! I guess I better cut up those credit cards now! LOL :lmao:

Yikes. I just bought the 1Ds, and keep looking over to my 5D thinking "gee, I miss how small and sleek it is compared to my new camera..."

hahahaha.... I thought the same thing when I jumped from a 10D to 1d MarkII.

I generally travel with something smaller.... but I do enjoy the 1dMII when the occasion justifies the weight.

I used to think weight mattered to me (size did not, I knew that right away)... especially the first time I had the 70-200 on my D200 with a battery grip... lately, with that same combo I am finding it more and more comfortable. Maybe all that working out is helping... lol.

I took a look at the new 50D... a very worthy competitor to the D300 from Nikon, and smartly priced!

Not to be promoting websites or anything but at http://www.photographybay.com/ they provide rumors of all camera companies.

As for a new 5d here is a link to its rumor page.

Canon 5D Mark II is rumored to include the following specs:
  • 21.1 MP 1.0x
  • DIGIC IV
  • ISO 100-6400 L:50 & H:12800
  • 5 FPS
  • 3.2″ High Resolution Screen (LCD)
  • 19 point AF
  • HDMI Out
  • Liveview
  • HD Movie Mode
  • Viewfinder: 100% Coverage
  • Full weather sealing
  • EF Lenses only

Not to be promoting websites or anything but at http://www.photographybay.com/ they provide rumors of all camera companies.

• 21.1 MP 1.0x
  • DIGIC IV
  • 5 FPS
  • 19 point AF
  • HDMI Out
  • Liveview
  • HD Movie Mode
  • Full weather sealing
  • EF Lenses only

Looks like a useful spec.

I wonder how much of a price hike there will be if that is true.

• 21.1 MP 1.0x
  • DIGIC IV
  • 5 FPS
  • 19 point AF
  • HDMI Out
  • Liveview
  • HD Movie Mode
  • Full weather sealing
  • EF Lenses only

Those specs were listed a year ago. I don't think they'll be the exact same, even though on their update they claim they are.

Most reactions

Back