5D Video - Enci landmark, nice night lighting, AE composite.

Ls3D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shea-design.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those what like the motion, some of the color layering in this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JposonbMxo&feature=channel_page&fmt=22"]composite[/ame] is pretty cool...

BTW - I'm working the stills too, shot (hand held)1/12th @ ISO 2500 f/4 today... pretty happy with the low noise...

Rain is on the way, so I can't promise I won't go looking for reflections..

-Shea

Very cool effect Shea. I am still in the process of upgrading my PC to take full advantage of the 1080 HD. Just ordered 4GB of RAM and added a XFX 9800 GTX+ GPU. Figure it cost me another $350. UnlessI go SLI. :mrgreen:

BTW, my white hot pixel disappeared. May be the undocumented self-healing feature of the 5D Mark II.

BTW, my white hot pixel disappeared.
That is freakin great! I finally got a few particles on the low pass filter, and one very small fiber (maybe polyester?) decided to live on the mirror.

The manual cleaning cycle is a bit different than my 40D,.. seems like it flips the mirror and goes through a few oscillations with the sensor.

I ran it face down with the body cap off, then gave too puffs wid da blower. Good to go.

Regarding the HD, I', dragging all 'session' clips into AfterEffects and doing trims right away - looking for the sweet spot (if any) in the clip and beginning the war on drive space.

Unfortunate for drive space, my instinct is to render all trims to .PNG sequences then delete the camera generated Mov's. This easily triples the space required (probably closer to 5:1 uncompression) with typical trims, but is good for layering and editing in AE when the footage is deemed worthy.

I guess trimming in Quicktime Pro and then saving them out would be smarter if the compression is not compromised. Or simply matching the compression settings in the AE render setups could have the same results, but I'm not completely certain of the quality setting or nature of the bitstream - varible rate, etc directly from the camera. Maybe I'll wiki H264.

Plenty of HD can just be cut in half, I'm even shooting SD on occasion. So best of luck with the upgrades and I'll be on the lookout for your lenswork.

-Shea

Most reactions

Back