5Ds/r Officially announced, sample images posted

Why does it have to be just billboards? Use these images to make wraps for your car. Example, take a photo of a yellow Lambo and make it into a wrap for my Jeep wrangler, lol.
Get the best of both worlds:
Lamborghini LM002 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I had no idea that Lamborghini actually made an SUV for a short period of time until I saw it in a book probably 15 years ago. A little more than 300 produced in a 5 year period.

That's nice waday. Still cheaper to shoot and wrap mine. That way I don't have to cry too much if something happens to the wrap. lol

Guess it's more aimed at the studio with 50MP. I think where Canon has come up short recently would be DR and low light capabilities. With Pentax bringing out a FF soon, it will be interesting to see how they stack up.

The 5D mk III is good at low light. I switched from it, not because of it's low light capabilities, which are considerable, but because of its low ISO noise banding which made it pretty unusable for landscapes, bearing in mind the relatively low dynamic range. Yes you can bracket and use HDR or blending, but when other manufacturers can design a sensor and a camera where you can get a believable and non noise photograph from a single shot, why would you risk getting Looney Tunes from a HDR programme?

Comments rom Canon are that Dynamic Range and noise handling are the same as 5D3. So you can see the noise banding at 100 - 400 ISO even bigger. In a UK quiz show host's words, "Super, Smashing, Great!".....ummmm NOT!

F-it. It the 5d mk iii ain't good enuf. Then you ain't taking pictures.

Tony Northup has released a new youtube video projecting the new 5D DXO scores...
His own speculation, nothing else...

He came up with this:

shot0811_5dsr_dxo.jpg

Source

See more here:
(6min 49sec onwards)

I'm happy with the 5Ds/r anouncements.

Tony Northup has released a new youtube video projecting the new 5D DXO scores...

He came up with this:

shot0811_5dsr_dxo.jpg

Source

See more here:
(6min 49sec onwards)

What a silly thing to do.

I think it will get an overall score of 50000000.

Well he's smart! A DXO score is hotly debated when its real; a projected one from someone else - gah he'll get hammered on his site but he'll do storming well publicity wise

He came up with this:

shot0811_5dsr_dxo.jpg

Source

See more here:
(6min 49sec onwards)

What a silly thing to do.

I bet his video makes him more money than this post you. :p

Well he's smart! A DXO score is hotly debated when its real; a projected one from someone else - gah he'll get hammered on his site but he'll do storming well publicity wise

Only by camera fondlers and people you'd not want to talk with at a party.

Sorry. Not really sure what i meant. Think i had too many ipa's that night.

For those who reserved what will you be using the 5DS or 5DS R for? Wildlife? Birds? Landscape? Studio?

I went to a demo of these at our local shop. Was not really impressed tbh. It is aimed at studio and probably landscapes. Not very good in low light, but can compare it medium format in MP.

Most reactions

Back