6 months - C&C please!

taraj_00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do know that I need to scoot the light on the right back a bit from the background, I can see that the background is uneven now. And, it would be better to have her looking at the camera, but she only gave me 5 minutes today before screaming, so this is the best of the bunch LOL. Other than that, general C&C please! Thanks.

4666881927_a79eb17edb_b.jpg

the oof arm and front part of the tutu is rather distracting. nice shot otherwise.

Ah! I have also just fixed the darker spot on her cheek...

I love this shot:) What was she looking at in the picture? You've got some great catch lights in the eyes.

Care to share with us what your lighting was, and what you used/how you set up your backdrop/ floor? Yes, I am nosey =P Lovely picture, I'll be the parents adored it!

Aww, thanks!

I'm pretty sure she was looking at our dogs- they kept running back and forth in front of me :p

Lighting was 2 continuous CFLs, the one on my left a few feet in front of and at an angle to her, the one to my right was about even w/ her, closer to the background... both about 2 feet off the floor and with shoot-through umbrellas. Hmm, come to think of it, if the dogs weren't there that time, she was probably entranced by the big white umbrella!

Backdrop was just white seamless paper on a support system.

And her parents do adore it :p (Well, I do- unless hubby has been on Facebook at work like usualy, he probably doesn't have an opinion yet haha)

Great photo. Nice job with the seemless paper!

It looks really good to me but the background is too dark. You maybe could have had more light on the paper to make it completely white instead of gray, but either way - it's easy to fix in post processing. Here's a quick edit I did, just brightened the background and left the little one alone.

WYTk4.jpg

Ok, so since I'm new to processing, how exactly did ya do that? I tried eyedropping the brightest part and filling, but it looked wierd around the shadows...

Ok, so since I'm new to processing, how exactly did ya do that? I tried eyedropping the brightest part and filling, but it looked wierd around the shadows...

I use a Photoshop plugin called 'Viveza 2' which lets you adjust based on control points. After upping the brightness on the white background I made a bunch of control points on the little one to keep those areas from being affected by the brightness adjustment.

I know that sounds Greek but if you used the plugin once or twice you'd know what I mean.

You can do it with layers and masks though, but it's a huge pain in the..

Opening your image in ACR and using the exposure clipping display feature, the image reads as under exposed a full stop, which is a large part of why the back and foreground are so gray.

Here is the image with the exposure increased 1 stop (in ACR), and cropped to a 4:5 aspect ratio (8x10). I did no color correction. The under exposure, as always, boosts the saturation in the original.

4666881927_a79eb17edb_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh, ok- gives me something to learn :D Thanks!

Good one KMH.

Saved more detail than I managed as well :thumbup:

Besides what everyone else said, I'd just like to add that I love the composition, and her expression is just great. She's a sweet baby, either way :)

she is so cute,great shot,and i love what reznap did to it.

Thanks everyone :D

I did mess w/ it some more in PSE and managed to use some layers and masks to whiten up the background a good bit.

Most reactions

Back