6 X Sunset | Landscape | Nature | C&C welcome

Cooler_King

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.books52.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. These photos have been through some minor PP, mainly cropping due to my camera hood being visible at the edges.

1. F 4.0, 21mm, ISO 200, 1/25s
sf263339.jpg

2. F 5.6, 26mm, ISO 100, 1/100s
sf263358.jpg

3. F 4.5, 20mm, ISO 100, 1/50s Not totally happy with this. I was hoping to expose more of the right hand side of the frame.
sf263360.jpg

4. F 5.0, 20mm, ISO 100, 1/60s
sf263362.jpg

In the final 2 I have messed around with the lights and shadows just for a bit of experimentation.

5. F 4.5, 18mm, ISO 100, 1/60s
sf263361.jpg

6. F 5.6, 20mm, ISO 100, 1/80s
sf263340.jpg

Thanks all.

1. Doesnt do anything for me becasue it is mostly out of focus. What were taking a picture of? The log, forest, tower? It is unclear to me what your intent was.
2.I like this one, nice balanced composition, interesting subject, patterns. How about more exposure to bring up more detail in the foreground? It looks as if there is enough latitude available to increase exposure without blowing out the sun.
3.Sorry, does nothing for me.
4. Similar to 2 but the sun looks like an afterthought way over on the edge, almost lost. Delete it: improve 2.
5. I think this one could be improved by cropping out the vignetting on both ends and cropping close to include only the sun and it's reflection, and again, increasing exposure. Remeber the rule of thirds and keep the sun out of the center.
6. Not sure what to say about his one, I guess I just dont care for it, tho it appears to be well exposed and the general composition is good. One thing: if you intended for the bench and fence to be part of the composition they would be better further away from the edge, if not crop 'em out.
I hope this is helpful...JSD

Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it.

1. I was going for focus on the log with the tower blurred but the closest edge of the log is out of focus. I will play around with it and maybe further crop.
2. Will do. Will post any improved images on this thread for comparison
4. I tried to focus on the lakes more. I wanted a juxtaposition of the setting (vibrant) sun against the still frozen lakes.
5. Will do
6. I did want them in there but like you say it appears that they are sitting to low inside the frame to really be significant. Will trim it.

Mucho gracias amigo

Most reactions

Back