60 degrees in Chicago today, pics from Navy Pier

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last week it was 10 degrees and we got 2ft of snow. A week later it's t-shirt weather... 60 degrees and sunny. I took a stroll around Chicago's Navy Pier with my trusty Canon. Here's a few pics from today.

471537184_x52kq-L.jpg

471537215_ogycJ-L.jpg

471547204_eE6Zo-L.jpg

471547258_fZN6c-L.jpg

471779285_W4gtL-L.jpg

471537237_HcRRN-L.jpg

471537432_uuj4x-L.jpg

471537641_YmEjx-L.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the first nice colors there.

You should have taken some from the ferris wheel... Cool stuff though.

It was around 65 degrees in Flint, Michigan, yet everyone I saw was still wearing a coat.

You should have taken some from the ferris wheel... Cool stuff though.

It was around 65 degrees in Flint, Michigan, yet everyone I saw was still wearing a coat.
That's because they know in 2 hours it could be 10 below zero again. :)

awesome shots. I was just there back in Sept. 2008.

That last one is nice! I like it. Though we never had cold weather like you seem to get on your side of The Pond (Gulf Stream Climate here), we still don't get such spring like temps here at this time of the year, either. But how I wish ... more so now that I'm viewing your photos...!

Sorry guy, I accidentally broke the link to 3 of the images. Now fixed.

Thanks for all the kind words. :)

I've never been to Germany, I would love to come visit... with my camera!

wow, now thats some color saturation! Good shots. I wonder what a polarizer would have done for you.

-JD-

LoL you got that right, Michigan weather sucks and is very unpredictable.

nah, it's alright. i've been getting away with wearing nothing but basketball shorts for the past two days. it started pouring today, but it's still not that cold out. 47 degrees F? still shorts weather

wow, now thats some color saturation! Good shots. I wonder what a polarizer would have done for you.

-JD-
I have a polarizer for my kit lens, but I haven't picked one up for my 24-70 or the 70-200. Luckily those two both have a 77mm objective so I can get by with buying just one high quality filter. I'll do that by the time summer rolls around.

I am thinking about a UV filter too... not show how it would have changed that pic.

Most reactions

Back