DeadEye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deadeyestudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was asked to restore this old damaged portrate by a kind ole gal and my results are not so great. It was a huge print on a canvas like paper , I had to scan it in four sections on the flat bed then merge them in photoshop ( which I am not very good at). I would like to make her a nice print for a christmass gift.
She is the baby in this photo and its the only one she has of her mother.

smalltorn.jpg

High res merged scan: http://www.ospreyapplications.com/Dan/torn.jpg

Many Thanks Dan.:)

your doing very good, its tricky to get it fully restored but the skin looks fine which is your first priority. next you should work on getting more detail into both their dresses. also the top of the mothers hair should be blended in to match the rest of the color

Thanks CameraMike I tryed as you suggested. Hows this?

restore3.jpg

Your restoration is looking very good. I think the overall tone is too green. I think a nice sepia, closer to the original would be nicer. Also, there seems to be some odd artifacts on and around the child's face; a sort of cross hatching that is not as noticeable in the original as in the restoration. I think you need to work on that too.

yea either make it grayscale or less green toned. i'm also noticing the cross hatching on both faces. but you said it was printed on a canvas like material, which is why we are seeing the texture. the girls dress looks MUCH better and so does the mother's hair

yea either make it grayscale or less green toned. i'm also noticing the cross hatching on both faces. but you said it was printed on a canvas like material, which is why we are seeing the texture. the girls dress looks MUCH better and so does the mother's hair

Yes the cross hatching is from the canvas like paper, In trying to gain detail it showed up more :(. I will tyr some more.

Thanks and keep the suggestions coming.

to get more detail out of the dresses (if youre using photoshop) try the burn tool. may or may not do a good job but its usually good at selectively bringing out stuff like that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back