60D O m g ...

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While shooting my 60D made a weird sound (like something seized) and shut down, now it won't power up and ... Just... OMG this is very very very uncool.

I'm googling but only coming up with battery problems, I had just charged the battery, thoughts? Help? Please? I don't know what I will do without it....

oh Judy, thats really too bad. I hope someone has a solution for you.

Can you take off the lens and see if the mirror or shutter is stuck?

Thanks Rick, fingers crossed.

R, everything looks normal inside, I tried taking the battery out and changed lenses to see if either worked, neither did :(

Take your battery out and take your memory battery out also. It should be inside where you're battery slides in. I know it is with my 7D. Leave the memory battery out for like 30 min so the camera will reset and see if that does anything. It's a long shot but worth trying. If you have any custom settings or anything you might lose them and have to redo them all.

Take your battery out and take your memory battery out also. It should be inside where you're battery slides in. I know it is with my 7D. Leave the memory battery out for like 30 min so the camera will reset and see if that does anything. It's a long shot but worth trying. If you have any custom settings or anything you might lose them and have to redo them all.
Well, she definitely will lose them (just taking the memory battery out on my 7D and putting it back in erases everything), but that might actually work. Hope this works out for you, because that would really, really suck.

Well, she definitely will lose them (just taking the memory battery out on my 7D and putting it back in erases everything), but that might actually work. Hope this works out for you, because that would really, really suck.

Really. When I did it on my 7D all I had to do was set the time again. All my custom functions and everything stayed just like I had it.

Thanks guys, I was hoping to wake up this morning and it was all a dream, alas it is not :(

I looked into the other battery and it appears that the 60D doesn't have a removable battery for the memory/date.

Do you have more than one battery?

Morning R, no error messages, just an awful short rrrrt sound while shooting and it shut itself down and won't turn on at all, nothing, zero zip. Just the one battery and I have it charging now to see if that makes a difference although when I put it on the charger it said it had charge left in it.
I'm reading about the hard reset and taking that battery out but there is no mention about it in the manual nor can I slide or move anything inside the battery compartment where that fellow says it is...

I would try another battery before anything else.

Do you have a camera shop nearby? Or maybe another 60d owner?

Yeah I am still coming up blank with searching online here, we have a shop not too far so will have to go in and see what they say. If it goes away for service it will be gone 4-8 WEEKS, or shall I say ALL OF SPRING!!!. I just laid out a bunch of money for school and another bit for darkroom supplies and ... a sensor cleaning kit (eye roll) I'm not seeing a backup camera in my near future omg.... I can't breathe....

Sorry to hear that PR. Just sit in the corner and scream at the top of your lungs and cry until Mr. Rabbit breaks down and gets you a 5D mkIII. lol

Yeah I am still coming up blank with searching online here, we have a shop not too far so will have to go in and see what they say. If it goes away for service it will be gone 4-8 WEEKS, or shall I say ALL OF SPRING!!!. I just laid out a bunch of money for school and another bit for darkroom supplies and ... a sensor cleaning kit (eye roll) I'm not seeing a backup camera in my near future omg.... I can't breathe....

No sense in worrying until you have to. Try a different battery and if that doesn't work you have my permission to panic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back