60D vs 70D

canonbraden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade from my T3. I shoot mostly landscape and portraits.
* I'm upgrading body only *
Which would be the best option for me?
* On a side note, the 60D is only $600 for Cyber Monday, and I can't find any discounts on the 70D. The lowest I've seen the 70D is $1050. *

60D. It is the better value right now because of the 70D. The 70D is a much better camera overall but when you factor in price and your subjects the 60D is the way to go.

I'm looking to upgrade from my T3. I shoot mostly landscape and portraits.
* I'm upgrading body only *
Which would be the best option for me?
* On a side note, the 60D is only $600 for Cyber Monday, and I can't find any discounts on the 70D. The lowest I've seen the 70D is $1050. *

If it's mostly landscape and portraits, then I would save the extra cash and go with the 60D.

60D is being discounted to help sell off inventory now that the 70D is the top of that line. 60D bodies are available refurbed for under $600, with a long warranty. 60D seems like the best bargain right now. 60D and 70D image quality seems very close.

unless you really need the extra 10 D's the 70D offers, the 60D is a great bargain now.

Do you want to get the better camera or best deal ?

70D is the better camera!!!
60D is the better deal and is in its own right a capable camera.

I don't go for best deal, I go for best deal on best camera so my vote is for the 70D, I think life is too short to buy third best camera.

I got my refurbished 60D for $450. I rather have the extra $600 to buy more lens or equipment.
Look at it this way, if you have the money, get the 70D, if not, 60D is really a good buy.
What lens do you have? That's also an important factor.
If you shoot landscape, I assume you at least have a wide angel lens before buying a new camera? The T3 is still a pretty good camera. I still have a XTi and XSi

Alright well it seems like the 60D is better for the price but the 70D is the better camera..
I have a 24-105mm lens that works perfect for my landscapes.

I think most would say that the 60D is your best bet and save that money for more glass or whatever. If you were shooting sports or birds then the 70D is the much better camera for that.

Alright well it seems like the 60D is better for the price but the 70D is the better camera..
I have a 24-105mm lens that works perfect for my landscapes.

So I am not sure what to make out of this statement, are you going to get the 60D or 70D ?

Amazon currently has the 70D with the 18-135 is STM lens for $1249.

If you like to get the lastest and greatest, go get the 70D.
If you like to save more money, go get the 60D.

I do not believe you can tell the difference of the photos you take with 70D or 60D. In fact, I believe the photos could be about the same as your T3.

The sensor in the T3 and the 60D is the same. And the difference to the 70D is really minimal. I'd suggest going to the 6D.

centauro does bring up a good point, is it really and upgrade from the T3 or T3i to the 60D? The 70D has the newer technology in it, so one would think and expect it to be better but still would you consider it an upgrade?

The sensor in the T3 and the 60D is the same. And the difference to the 70D is really minimal. I'd suggest going to the 6D.

That is not true. The T3 has a 12.2 MP sensor vs the 60D 18MP sensor. Also 9 cross type focus points, FPS, better viewfinder, faster shutter speed, some weather sealing, flip out screen...shall I continue?

I agree the 6D would be the bigger upgrade but from the T3 to the 60D is significant and even more so to the 70D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back