66 Chevy Truck in HDR

|)\/8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a co-workers truck, not in the best of shape, but it is his baby,:roll:. And yes, he is handicapped.

66ChevyHDR.jpg

I love this shot, was perfect for HDR In my opinion

Nice, the only thing you may want to try is to add a little bit more contrast to the shot. I think HDR's have the tendency to come out a little flat, so usually adding contrast in photoshop works out well.

Nice, the only thing you may want to try is to add a little bit more contrast to the shot. I think HDR's have the tendency to come out a little flat, so usually adding contrast in photoshop works out well.

Ahh... yes that made it "pop" little more, very good, thanks.

I don't like the way I've seen HDRs done on this forum most of the time. It always looks cartoonish.

I actually like these that look somewhat cartoonish, especially the one of the runner that was sitting on the steps, that was the best I've seen by far. It looked like a combination of a Norman Rockwell painting and a photograph. I like to know for sure that it is an HDR when I look at it.

Nice HDR by the way, the touch-up with the contrast really did give it more pop!

I don't like the way I've seen HDRs done on this forum most of the time. It always looks cartoonish.

I was not really going for a cartoonish effect, but I did want it to look more like a painting and this is what I had in mind before I took the actual photos to comprise the HDR.

I think you acheived the 'painted' look, I also don't normally like the heavy end of HDR but this subject suits the treament.....coooool truck btw.

Looks really good! I think the blues on the building and handrail, and handicapped sign are a too strong and kinda draws the eye away from the truck a lil bit. Overall, great work.

This looks totaly awsome. I would like to know how it's done. I know Photomatrix is used but how many photos did you combine and at what settings did you use?

Like I said, I shot this with the intention of creating an HDR image and my intentions were to make it look more like a painting. Here are the 3 images I used to make the HDR with the settings, the exif data should be intact. The original files were shot in RAW.

1. ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/40 shutter

IMG_4081.jpg

2. ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/160 shutter

IMG_4082.jpg

3. ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/10 shutter

IMG_4083.jpg

It looks kinda like an airbrush painting. If that's the effect you were going for - Bravo!

Very well done. Im diggin this one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back