6D vs 7D mk II

I was thinking and thinking and I just couldnt make up my mind, either will be a good choose and neither will be.
Each has its pro and con but non is really what I would want and then it hit me, if I would go with Canon my choice would be a used 5D III
AF very close to the 7D II and IQ and High ISO par with 6D.
Probably not answering your question but either camera would live me wanting more except the 5D III which is just the perfect choice for a Canon fan.

I agree, but even used, they seem to be out of my price range. I have a hard cap of 2K for this purchase, most of the 5D mk III I see are 2100-2400 even used. If you know where I can get one for under (or right at) $2000 that would be something to consider. I've never had an issue buying used lenses, but for some reason I am a bit more scared when it comes to a camera body.

I agree about buying a used camera but from a solid seller like this offer I would seriously consider

Used Canon EOS-5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera Body, 22.3 Megapixel

I understand the price cap, let me tell you what my attitude was and what I have learned.
I used to collect fountain pens and still collect watches.
Some of these items were too expensive for me so I went and bought something I wanted less and was obviously cheaper but I felt I cheater myself.
At the end I found a way to buy what I wanted and when I went to sell the item I never really wanted at the first place I lost money at the sale and at the end I have learned if something burns me hard enough best and cheapest thing is to go and get it.
Now owning a full frame camera I can tell you it is so worth it and the 6D with its crippled AF system is just not there.
7D II is great but its got crop sensor limitations and advantages.
I would go with the 5D III, I would find a way to make it, if it meant waiting 2-3 more month collecting more money then so be it but I would go for it.

But then it's me not you :) to each his/her own.

I was debating between 6D and 7D mk ii. I found this very interesting ( I hope I pulled the right video). He actually suggested 6D over 7D for low light sports and said that tracking with the center point is pretty good.

I currently have 60D. I wanted 5dmkiii, but our financial situation changed and I wasnt able to save for one. I was agonizing between 6D and 7D mk ii, and finally decided to go with 7D mk ii, but in your case 6D might be a better choice.
I shoot running dogs outside and dog sports and I wanted a good autofocus, but I also shoot my girls' rhythmic gymnastics competitions that are held in schools gymnasiums, where basketball is played, for 6 months out of the year. I was shooting with 60D, tamron 70-200 f2.8, somewhere betweeh 1/500 or 1/600 of the second depending on the light and ISO 1600. and it was coming out half a stop too dark. There was no way I would have been able to do it with f4 though. So I am hoping that small bump ( about third of a stop, I have heard) in ISO of 7D mk ii will give me what I need.
you could also rent 6D for one game and see how it works, before you make your decision. I think you can rent it for $80 for a week on borrowlenses.com
Its a hard decision when you are tight on money. I Was all set on buying a new camera, but I just rented canon 24-70 f2.8 ii and I loved it. Now I am wondering if I should have gotten the lens instead:) really miss it.

Good luck in your decision.
Yuliya

I've had the 6D for around a year now, I mostly do street photography, land/cityscapes and it performs very nicely in these areas. I haven't done any sports with it, however I did do some concert photography with it recently. The autofocus was sufficient, not great, but it was ok - just about fast enough, it did miss a little though on occasion - I guess the poor light didn't help. It performs very well at high ISO, in fact if I recall correctly, it's even better than the 5DMKIII for this. Obviously street photographer can be another area where a faster AF is needed, but I find it works well enough for that.

If sports is something you want to do, then 7DMKII is probably the best bet. I recommend reading/watching as many reviews on both as possible. But my personal opinion for an all rounder (bear in mind I've never used the 7DMKII), I think the 6D might be a better choice. It is my first full frame camera and I won't be going back to crop ever again now (unless I have the funds for a second body).

OK, no one tell my wife I just purchased a 5D Mark III should be here in a week or so. I have bought cars for less than I just spent on that camera.

Most reactions

Back