6D Yellow Images?

TiCoyote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the past year, my primary camera has been a 6D and my secondary is a 5D2. I shoot weddings.

Outdoors, the 6D is great. However, under certain lighting indoors (mostly fluorescent and sometimes incandescent), the images look really yellow. I have the white balance set to AWB, and I'm shooting in Raw, so white balance shouldn't really matter anyway. I can take the same shot with the ^D and the 5D2, and the colors look natural out of the 5D2, but yellow out of the 6D.

Has anyone else encountered this?

It just sounds like a wb issue.

When you look at the image on the back of the camera, you're looking at a JPEG that has the WB setting applied to it.

Try manually setting the WB to match your light source.

Although it is noticeable on the back of the camera, I'm really talking about when I load the image into Lightroom, and it still looks yellow. I guess it is reading the color correctly, because the light source is fairly yellow, but why does my 5D2 compensate for this if my 6D doesn't?

Yes, it's the light conditions you're under. Just drop the yellows in post. Especially if there are mixed lights.

I'm not a fan of auto WB, myself. It can change shot to shot under the same conditions which can be quite a pain. Changing in post processing doesn't seem to give as accurate of a result as setting it in camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back