6x6 mask for Voigländer Bessa I?

Dagfinn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure whether this is the right section or not, but I was wondering if anyone here knows whether the Voigtländer Bessa I (a '50s medium format folding camera) can be fitted with a 6x6 mask, and if so - where can I get such a mask? Thanks a bunch.

It looks like no-one answered your query. I just picked up a Bessa I & it did not come with it's mask. Did you ever find an answer to your question? I need to find, or make, a 6cm x 4.5cm mask that will keep the second ruby window door open. I was thinking about your 6cm x 6cm mask idea. Wouldn't you need to have the ruby window in the center of the camera back, & not off to the side as it is with the Bessa? -Rich Reeder, [email protected], 6.13.2018.

Well, I looked for a 6x4.5cm mask on eBay, & the cheapest I could find was for $80. Too much. I kept looking, though, & several weeks later, I saw a Bessa I plus mask for $80. I said OK. (It's amazing how easy that is, just press a button.) Now I've got two Bessa I's, made about the same time, 1950, & a mask to share between the both of them. Serial #'s: 3161906, & 3189585. Those serial #'s are written in numbers so small, on the barrel of the lens, that at first I thought they were scratches.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back