6x7 from last weekend

epatsellis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I fired up the processor last weekend to process some customer work, and decided to shoot a few rolls with the RB, both Xpro E100GX and some portra 400VC.

Scan-080831-0007.jpg

Portra 400VC, RB67/127mm C lens

2.jpg

Ektachrome E100GX, Xprocessed, E.I. 100, RB67/127mm C lens

Another roll or two and I should have a pretty good baseline for cross processing this film. (though it's never predictable...)

You just proved once again the power of film over digital. Digital can't do reds like photo 1. Thanks for posting.

You just proved once again the power of film over digital. Digital can't do reds like photo 1. Thanks for posting.

I have never shot film and I probably won't ever shoot it but you are exactly right.

I actually HATE shooting anything red with my D300. It just doesn't look right....don't even get me started on something purple but looks blue on the the picture!

~Michael~

I thought for awhile that I was the only one having trouble with reds, I tried everything under the sun to capture reds as it should be. Failed in every attempt. I'm not one to blame my equipment as quickly as I blame myself for image failures. This one had me really going around in circles. Thanks for reinforcing my sanity.

Some digital can, my Phase One scan back does just fine, my Kodak SLR/N is just a hair behind it in color accuracy, but leaps and bounds ahead of any (new or older) Dslr. Too bad Kodak just couldn't make it in the industry.

Help me understand why if a digital scanner can capture reds from film, then why can't a digital camera sensor capture reds from real-life?

what am I missing?

Help me understand why if a digital scanner can capture reds from film, then why can't a digital camera sensor capture reds from real-life?

what am I missing?
Color inaccuracies boil down to mostly Bayer filter issues. My Kodak SLR/n does quite well, and uses a less common LumenLabs sensor.

You should also realize that I scanned that image on a fairly high end (for it's day) Linotype-Hell scanner that's been profiled.

erie

Most reactions

Back