7 pictures for your viewing....

SmallFry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.macdonaldfamilysingers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I’m brand new here but I have been lurking for a bit looking at all the wonderful photos you all have taken. Wow! You all have got some really neat pictures! I like reading the responses them as well. Quite education!

I have questions about my camera settings/limitations and lighting which I’m sure I’ll be posting in the appropriate areas in the future but, tonight I wanted to post some pics I’ve done. I am wide open to constructive criticism! Please, let me know what you think.

I’ve been shooting with a Dimage Z10 for approximately two years. Some of these have been manipulated (contrast boosted, made b&w, color filters, etc.) with a photo editing program.

This summer in Kentucky…
bugandflowers.jpg

2. My sister’s guitar at a rest area in MN.
bandwguitar.jpg

3. Another sister in Kentucky this fall.
ky216.jpg

4. August 05’ in Massachusetts.
august27019.jpg

5. My cool bro has the blues??
abluenathan.jpg

6. Grasshoppers are tasty, with salt. : P
engineandbirthday131.jpg

And, just one more tonight…

7. Almost time for a concert in NY…
time-1.jpg

I hope these haven’t put you to sleep. Input welcome!

Hi there!...m new too like u...

7-- is my fav...got just everythin right...claps

5-- is a very well composed portrait...just wondering, if blue cast can be undone n converted to B/W...seems wud look gr8 as the composition is too good...

1-- isn't there a little more blur? i mean is it the blur u added while processing...saying 'coz the flower in sharpest focus, contains a little blur too...

1. I'm torn between saying I like the bug or if the bug bugs (no pun intended I just can't spell some of the other words that mean the same thing) me... I have to lean torwards saying I don't like the bug, but then I look at it again and I like it there... I like the colors and composition (except the bug... maybe).

2. First thing is first... what type of guitar and who is playing it? Now that I have gotten that out of the way... I like this because I have taken a simular picture. The only thing that bugs me is the knee (or whatever that is in the bottom left).

3. I like the expression on your sisters face... I would have liked to see a little less in focus because the tree and background in general are a little distracting to me.

4. I like it as is except the horizon looks a little tilted.

5. I'm not a fan of the blue filter (even though arguably that's my favorite color). He doesn't have the expression to go with the blue or sad atmosfear. I agree the black & white would work better with this one...

6. Gross... lol... I like the shot, but I don't think I'll try them...

7. This is also my favorite. It's nice and simple... Great shot.

I like them all, apart from the blue boy, false colour for me doesn't add up, keep at it, exposure/focus etc are all fine.

I shoot with a z3, I love your shots do you use photohop to edit your photos

Thanks to everyone who posted! I appreciate the critiques and complements!

DPZ,
The only thing I did to #1 was to kick the color up a notch.

BoblyBill,

Lol! :) A very important question! That is my sister. She flat picks bluegrass and composes. She has clips somewhere on-line, I can get you the link if you want. Do you play guitar?

Yes! That knee, hmmm. That dark shadow thing kinda sticks out too…

Flash Harry,
Thanks for the encouragement. I was having a very frustrating shoot that day and I had to scrap most of the other pics due to blurriness. :-(

EnterUserName,

A fellow Z series user!
(nice name btw, hehe)

I use Corel Draw8 (or 9 I can‘t remember). I was considering PhotoShop this fall but I haven’t sprung for it yet. I hear (and see!) it does wonderful things! Do you use it?

And here is # 5 revisited in b&w!
PICT0020.jpg

Your brother looks way better after he beat the blues, nice shot.

SmallFry said:
Thanks to everyone who posted! I appreciate the critiques and complements!

BoblyBill,

Lol! :) A very important question! That is my sister. She flat picks bluegrass and composes. She has clips somewhere on-line, I can get you the link if you want. Do you play guitar?

I would like a link... I love the guitar (actually music in general). My Dad has been playing for 49-7 years... so he has been playing 42 yrs (if my math hasn't failed me yet). I have been playing bass guitar since '94 (though I don't sound like I have played that long). I play a little guitar (Taylor CE 414), bass (mostly), piano (a little), and I just picked up an celtic tin whistle. A Blueridge 140 huh? Do you play?

BoblyBill,
I apologize for not responding sooner! I didn’t realize you had replied until just recently. My bad again! :blushing:

Here’s the link… I’ll pm you too, just in case you miss this post
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=506808
Nah, I don’t play guitar. I do play piano though. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back