timethief

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.x5.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these shots today.
I would really appreciate some comments guys.

1) Burj Al Arab Dubai

brj.jpg

2) AL Qasr Hotel

qasr.jpg

Last edited:
What is the focus of this photo? Is it the hotel or just the scenery? If it is the hotel, I would try cropping the picture just a bit.
The picture is beautiful, it looks so warm there.

What is the focus of this photo? Is it the hotel or just the scenery? If it is the hotel, I would try cropping the picture just a bit.
The picture is beautiful, it looks so warm there.

It was just scenery. You are absolutely right about cropping though. I wonder why i did not crop it. I was over occupied with my color issues probably.
What do you think about second one? i just added with the edit.

Thank you Big Bully.

You're welcome! Oh and welcome to the forum!
OOH Big fan of the second one! I love the way the boardwalk leads you to that gorgeous hotel! I even like the blue tones to the picture. Great job!

i like both of them. The only thing is to me atleast is that the color seems to be way off.

i love the first one

but the colors as said on the second seem off!

i love the first one

but the colors as said on the second seem off!

Thanks Rogan. I have the adjusted color version actually. just liked this one for some reason.
I appreciate your feedback.

Are you trying to portray the hotel as cold and inhospitable? Because that's what your bluish tint does to the photo.

The fact that I have to ask if that's your intent though says that you need to work on better acquiring your subject - perhaps a person sitting on one of the lawn chairs with a grimace while keeping the rest empty? Then it becomes clear what your intent is instead of it looking like a rookie mistake.

Are you trying to portray the hotel as cold and inhospitable? Because that's what your bluish tint does to the photo.

The thing is the hotel changes colors after 30 mins or so, at the time I took the picture it was blue.
Thanks for the comments.

Both shots are great! #2 is my favorite. I like the perspective in it, however the bridge is not exactly in the middle which bothers me a little.

Last edited:
Both shots are great! #2 is my favorite. I like the perspective in it, however the bridge is not exactly in the middle which bothers me a little.

Thank you for pointing the centering issue slimpaul, i really appreciate your feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back