70-200 2.8 L Lens on the way.........feel guilty!

I again used my 70-200 Nikkor, and every time slap that thing on my camera, I love it more and more. It is incredibly sharp, fast and the results are impeccable. Even at a wide open F/2.8 and a dynamic rage lowering ISO 3200 the results are more than acceptable:

3487782568_d858ae8f48.jpg

I think that for me, getting the best lens out there at that range was worth every penny. I felt no buyer's remorse... matter of fact, I *never* feel it for the simple reason that I do my research fully and I am very sure of the direction that I want my photography to go.

I purchase what I want/need and never settle for 2nd best. If that means that I do without for a longer period of time... so be it. :)

... as of next wednesday, I should a spanking new 70-200mm 2.8 L.

Yeah, I've been told that by a couple of people. But I've also been told that the regular L is a superb lens as well. I'd like to think that I have a pretty steady grip (From my years of shooting and hand holding the saw for hours) and hopefully I'll be okay. The IS was an extra 600 dollars and that is something that I couldn't justify. I had made some extra cash and hopefully I won't regret it.
I'm slightly confused because I shoot Nikon.... wait a minute, that just doesn't sound right, I'm not confused because I shoot Nikon, but confused about Canon having two versions. The Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 is the dog's ********. I was assuming Canon's version was the same. Are there two versions out there? My copy was ~$1700USD...... put it on a $800 body, but never, never looked back. Now it sits on a $1800 or $2400 body, so the investment was well spent IMO.

If you get the gold standard, then you shouldn't have any regrets after shooting with it for a short while.

[EDIT] why does the auto-censor censor out b-o-l-l-o-c-k-s?

If you get the gold standard, then you shouldn't have any regrets after shooting with it for a short while.

I think that is a very good point. An important factor is that a good lens today will be a good lens 30 years later. That is not something that can be said of very many things in the photography world. Lenses and lighting are about the only things that fall in that category.

Oh, as for the one word that is blocked:
:"B-o-l-l-o-c-k-s" is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless". ..."

It's also used in slang as meanining the best of the best.... don't get no better... etcetera :lol:

That's too funny. Just the other day I saw an old Eddie Izzard stand up routine where he explained that "B0LLOCKS" was bad, but "the Dog's B0llocks" meant something was good. I had never heard that before (Dog's B0llocks), and here you two are using it....

Funny.

Guess you had to be there. :er:

(Test: nuts, balls, stones, jewels, cojones, ********, nads--Carry on.)

It's also used in slang as meanining the best of the best.... don't get no better... etcetera :lol:

Oh... like da-sh!te! Well, I can kinda understand them blocking it. Like anything else, if it looks, walks and quacks like a duck, its not a goose! :lol:

Let's all try an experiment... let's all call out wives/GFs "dog balls" and see how many of us "get any" tonight... LOL!

"...but honey, I was just meaning that you were the best of the best... honest!!"

So I got the Lens in today and quickly tore the box apart to see what was inside. What I found was the most beautiful lens I ever owned. Surprisingly, I found it to be very light. I could hold it with one hand easy and did not have any problems walking around with it. I'm excited to put this lens to use as soon as possible. I just couldn't stop staring it..................it's amazing..:D

Copngrats. You will love it.

Congrats...

The only time an earned purchase should make you feel guilty is when the item sits on the shelf collecting dust.

Enjoy! It is a wonderful lens.

I was assuming Canon's version was the same. Are there two versions out there? My copy was ~$1700USD...... put it on a $800 body, but never, never looked back. Now it sits on a $1800 or $2400 body, so the investment was well spent IMO.

[EDIT] why does the auto-censor censor out b-o-l-l-o-c-k-s?

Canon actually has 4 versions of the 70-200, and all are extremely sharp and have their purpose.
70-200 L 2.8 IS
70-200 L 2.8
70-200 L f/4 IS
70-200 L f/4

All are fantastic lenses. The f/4 is lighter but not as fast. Some say the f/4 is actually sharper. It gives users many choices. Mainly weight versus max aperture and then the IS versions. I wonder why Nikon doesn't offer an f/4 version to those that want a lighter lens?

Canon actually has 4 versions of the 70-200, and all are extremely sharp and have their purpose.
70-200 L 2.8 IS
70-200 L 2.8
70-200 L f/4 IS
70-200 L f/4

All are fantastic lenses. The f/4 is lighter but not as fast. Some say the f/4 is actually sharper. It gives users many choices. Mainly weight versus max aperture and then the IS versions. I wonder why Nikon doesn't offer an f/4 version to those that want a lighter lens?

Because then they would have to paint them white and put a red ring on the end. :lol: :lol: That white thing is a special order I under stand from Nikon. :lmao:

Because then they would have to paint them white and put a red ring on the end. :lol: :lol: That white thing is a special order I under stand from Nikon. :lmao:

Yeah, Nikon outsources its white glass to Canon XD

You guys are *SO* bad... careful, the mods may whip you both with wet noodles! :lol:

Yeah, Nikon outsources its white glass to Canon XD

Actually Canon outsources their 2nds to Nikon. That is why a white lens is a special order with Nikon, they get them cheaper when they are unpainted from Canon. :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :mrgreen:

JerryPH said:
You guys are *SO* bad... careful, the mods may whip you both with wet noodles!

They better bring a whole lot of noodles then, cause I didn't use any words like B0LL0@$$ in this whole post. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :lol: :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back