70-200 L lens

panthrcat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! A very Merry Christmas to you all and the best in '10.

I am looking at buying a new lens soon,, and have my eyes on a nice Canon 70-200 L series (f/2.8) I bought the Canon 100-400 L lens last year and am delighted with it,, but am recently looking into setting up my own portrait studio and am thinking this lens would be perfect for that (and weddings)
any advice or thoughts sure would be appreciated on this.

Sue

Are you going for the IS edition or not? I would say that paying that bit extra and having IS is a good thing to do when using telephoto lenses - plus you will be used to using the IS in your 100-400mm so it will make things easier to adapt to with the 70-200mm.

It is certainly a very good lens and from what I read a very popular studio and portrait lens - though don't forget the shorter focal lengths are also important since you might find that you have to work in closer conditions

yea I'm lookin at the IS version,, I think I won't be dissappointed in it,,

It's a very nice lens for portraiture on the 5D. Indoors, it is somewhat long in focal length on a 1.6x Canon body, except for head and shoulder portraits. If you have plenty of room to move away from the subject, 70mm is fine on 1.6x. For longer shooting sessions, hand-held, the 70-200 starts to feel a bit front-heavy.

It's a big heavy lens, but still my favorite :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back