70-200 Tamron question

I'm guessing typo, but you should do some more research. Check the Tamron website. B&H doesn't have that foot note on their listing of the Nikon mount lens, and it works just fine on my Canon 5D.

it is compatible, I'd question ordering from that site - especially since that lens is $699 everywhere else!

it is compatible, I'd question ordering from that site - especially since that lens is $699 everywhere else!

nah... they are a good retailer.... it's just that it's Canadian funds... with the exchange it's pretty much the same as U$

in that case, try it out. . .reviews are okay for it, I think the AF isn't as fast as say, the Nikon 70-200 VR, but that's double the price. . .

One thing ive noticed about Vistek (and all other online retailers) is that the picture they have of this lens looks like the old one. the newer one is a lot sleeker, has more black, and less gold. im pretty sure theyre selling the newer version but i question why they have the old one up. it would make me nervous buying.

You already have the Nikon 24-70, why not save up a bit more for the Nikon 70-200, It is worth it.

You already have the Nikon 24-70, why not save up a bit more for the Nikon 70-200, It is worth it.

I know.... I'm waiting for the revised edition... it's coming soon I can feel it... VR2 and nano.... I also know the current 70-200 is killer... i just don't want to drop the $1900 plus taxes only to turn around and dump it in a few months...

so... in the meantime... figured i'd busy myself with either this Tamron or the Nikor 80-200.... from my reseach they are both slower on the focus and both sharp at 2.8 and at 200mm.... Tamron is a couple of hundred cheaper...

well.... went to Henrys on the weekend... mounted the tamron and the AF was choking large in relatively low light at store... it would always overshoot the focal point and then pull back.. kinda like a hesitation....

i'm buying to 70-200 with the intention of lowlight 2.8 so this won't do....

then mounted the sigma.... the hsm in that lens much more snappy but i could see the iq softness at 2.8 in my little monitor... i was comparing to the Tamron...

then mounted the ol 80-200 of Nikon..... focus is accurate but noisy/clunky and about as slow as the tamron less the hicup... no iq issues.. the lens was sharp...

the 80-200 seemed to best of this bunch IMO....

I was a little disappointed with the Tamron (af)... I went to Henrys with that lens in my sights....

The runner up was the 80-200... it would have been first choice but I could use the extra 10mm when using this lens on a crop sensor...

So I ended up saying what I wouldn't do.... for a thousand dollars extra I bought 10mm and told my tripod to take a break.... walked away with 70-200 2.8 VR....

thanks MasterCard!!!!

EDIT: Now that I have my dream lens, I think I want to paint it white. Anyone know a good paint? I was thinking of using Tremclad for added protection.

I also think you made a good choice on getting the Nikkor lens instead. I have this lens and just love it in low light situations.

As for paint... Rustolium pearl white... so it won't rust when doing underwater photography in salty water. :confused:

Congratz.

Just make sure you let the Missus know you're happy to see her. :lmao:

:idea: Flesh tone!!!!

Congratz.

Just make sure you let the Missus know you're happy to see her. :lmao:

:idea: Flesh tone!!!!

lol... the box is still in my trunk....

on second thought.... maybe i'll paint the lens flesh tone to buy me some time....

Are you planing on painting a canon logo on you camera too?

I wouldn't make funny jokes if I were you..... seeing that you have to pay my MasterCard bill.....

it's only fair.... pretty much your fault for making me buy it....

A sad day for any nikkor user when we see a VERY nice 70-200mm 2.8 painted white.

Most reactions

Back