70-200mm f/2.8

That gets me all excited, but I don't like the white, I want black instead......
Here you go Tennessee.

70-200mm.jpg

Hope that helps. :lol:

Sabbath.. read again... you missed "and I'm not the official photog" part.

I'm a guest.. not the official wedding photog... I wanna enjoy the wedding too.. not lug around the heavy lens and be mistaken for the photographer.

OF COURSE if I were the wedding photographer and my focus was shooting the wedding, I would carry the 70-200 f2.8 and other high quality fast lenses. OF COURSE I would not care about weight and looks... I'm there to shoot and not enjoy the festivities. Yes.. shot a few...

I did indeed miss that part of it.

I don't care one rats hind end about what a lens looks like, all I care about is what the IMAGES it makes look like.

The 70-200 VR is a beast of a lens weight-wise, because it is a true f/2.8 zoom. It is lovely in every respect except weight...

I have it and the 55-200 VR, which I use when I want a small, light lens for shooting in broad daylight. Unless you are shooting wide open with the lenses... if you shoot them both at f/11 or so... the image quality is virtually identical.

I know the "lens hounds" here will shudder when I say that, but I own em both and I shoot them both, and it is just plain the way it is...

Having said all this, the 70-200 is VASTLY superior when you are NOT shooting at f/11 :) ... and for about 10 times the money, it should be.

You might not care about the color, but I am sure Nikon does. Canon has been doing the white-ish lens for a while now, and man has it been a marketing success. Anyone that sees my with my camera automatically asks me if its a Canon because they have noticed most Canon users have the "white stuff".

I wish canon made them in black though as well, I actually contemplated taking a sharpie to it and making my own black Canon 70-200 mm F/2.8L. I talked myself out of it though.

When I shoot, I have the 70-200 on one body and the 17-55 on another. It is an incredible piece of glass!

Plus a 70-200 paired with a FF camera vs. a crop body will give you a field of view compare to a 45-50mm on a 1.5 or 1.6 crop body.

I use my for most everything that I can. The bokeh is so much nicer than my cheap 50mm f/1.8

It's not that big, really. Photo courtesy of google and whomever took it:

Nikon Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR mounted on a D200

IMG_5159_sm.jpg
Copyright = Copyright 2006 Jeffrey Eric Francis Friedl is the owner of this image

Most reactions

Back