• Total voters

Munky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rikogonzalez.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Forum I Wish to Purchase a 70-200mm Lens Canon Mount; but cant decide on which one yet;
Canon's f/4L is newer, sharper cheaper; but it's considered a 'daytime' lens; I don't wanna limit the potential of my camera (7D) with a lens that only serves it's best sometimes;but i don't want to save a few bucks that I could regret at some point later on;with that said i'm looking for 2.8 maybe IS;
Another thing this is not a lens i would use constantly for what i mostly shoot and make money of;my 17-50mm 2.8 does that;
Help Me out By Voting and Posting Replies Thank You!

If you're not going to use it that often, I wouldn't (personally) shell out the cash for the high end Canon glass. In your other thread, someone posted a link to a comparision between the Canon, Sigma, and Tamron 70-200 2.8's, and the Tamron was as good as, if not better than, the Canon.

Me? The Tamron would do the job for half the coin. I'm sure people will shun me for not going with the Canon glass, but if it's not going to be used all the time, there's no point.

Thanks for your reply; on that comparison the Guy Says That on a Crop Sensor He'd Recommend Sigma But on FF the Tamron!

Yeah, I remember reading that...Is the 7D full-frame? I don't know much about Canon. :???:

"If you want a 70-200 2.8, instead, the choice depens by the budget and by the sensor size of your camera. In the center, all three 70-200 are quite similar, so on APS-C you won't see image quality differences. If you don't mind the lack of image stabilization, I'd recommend the Sigma, it is much cheaper than the Canon and it has better autofocus than the Tamron. Overall the Canon is the best, but it is way more expensive, so you have to evaluate if it is worth the price depending by your esigencies."

I would take the F4 out of your list right now. I bought the F4 and its for sale after a month and I bought the 2.8 which is worlds better. I would say if you have the extra money then buy the 2.8 IS, but its almost 2x as much as the non IS. I am happy with the 2.8 non IS right now.

If your budget allows, the new 2.8 IS II is probably the best 70-200 currently available for any camera.

Also, there is no non-IS mkII (your option of "Canon 70-200m f/2.8 L II").

Cuz I Knew Almost everybody will say 'Id Go For The 2.8L IS II' so to avoid that.
As you can see from the votes 4 vs 1 vs 1

lol I was kinda thinking the same thing. To be more accurate I would omit the things you can't afford or don't want.

Most reactions

Back